Urban Toronto - Powered by vBulletin
UrbanToronto News - the latest headlines
$29 Billion Transit Plan Promises Regional Rail for GTHA
ALSO
Page 557 of 811 FirstFirst ... 57457507547555556557558559567607657 ... LastLast
Results 8,341 to 8,355 of 12154

Thread: Miscellany Toronto Photographs: Then and Now

  1. #8341

    Default

    Another example of stitched panoramas.
    Construction on Ellesmere, W. of Markham Rd., 2008
    And finished stores, 2012



    Goldie


  2. #8342

    Default

    Then and Now for March 15.


    Then. 130-132 Yonge. "Huyler's Store Building." c1909. To the right of the Huyler's Store just peeking out is the Birks store that - memorably for some of us - was located on the SW corner of Yonge and Temperance. The Birks later became a Canadian Tire that had some mighty swanky fixtures.




    Now. September 2011. The Huyler's store would have been to the left of the fire hydrant. This whole area was cleared in the 1990s for the Bay Adelaide Centre.


  3. #8343

    Default

    Goldie, you've saved me several hundred dollars. I think I'll finally give Photoshop a try and stop lens shopping.

  4. #8344

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustapha View Post
    Goldie, you've saved me several hundred dollars. I think I'll finally give Photoshop a try and stop lens shopping.
    You can do it with PS Elements, so you do not have to get the expensive one.

  5. #8345

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustapha View Post
    Goldie, you've saved me several hundred dollars. I think I'll finally give Photoshop a try and stop lens shopping.
    And my cut of your savings will only be 10%!

    By the way, when I bought my PS Elements last year (Version 9), it was packaged along with Adobe Premier 9 (video editing software).
    The package for the two was less than another box with PS Elements alone - I've never used Premier, but it seemed odd to get two for less than the price of one.

  6. Default

    [/QUOTE]

    Wow, your on John & sava lambou's parents porch! Went to school with both of them, still friends with Sava today.

    On topic, they did a great job with that church, hopefully, the people doing St Clements on jones will do as good a job as the river dale church on Pape.

  7. Default

    *double post

  8. #8348

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by donoreo View Post
    You can do it with PS Elements, so you do not have to get the expensive one.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    And my cut of your savings will only be 10%!

    By the way, when I bought my PS Elements last year (Version 9), it was packaged along with Adobe Premier 9 (video editing software).
    The package for the two was less than another box with PS Elements alone - I've never used Premier, but it seemed odd to get two for less than the price of one.
    Thanks gentlemen, I need to get over my fear of software; always afraid I'll replace an original file with something that I somehow managed to make worse.

  9. #8349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by paraone View Post
    Wow, your on John & sava lambou's parents porch! Went to school with both of them, still friends with Sava today.

    On topic, they did a great job with that church, hopefully, the people doing St Clements on jones will do as good a job as the river dale church on Pape.[/QUOTE]

    Toronto really is a small town isn't it? I mean it. Talk to someone who has even visited and they will have interacted with someone you know or shopped somewhere where someone you know works or worked. Ok, a little exaggeration perhaps - a few more degrees of separation perhaps but you catch my drift.

  10. #8350

    Default

    Then and Now for March 16.



    Then. 'New Merchants Bank, 16 King Street West, Toronto. Darling and Pearson, Architects.' c1921. Another wwwebster sourced picture.

    A search of the online Toronto Archives using search term 'Yonge King' yields a few pictures of the neither distinguished nor undistinguished predecessor of our 1921 building at this location. However, this Palladian gem stood - I'm guessing - until the early 1960s when it was demolished for the existing building, so it wasn't around for long; only about 40 years.



    Late in 1921 The Merchants Bank ran into difficulties and was absorbed by The Bank of Montreal.
    http://query.nytimes.com/gst/abstrac...89D95F458285F9



    Now. September 2011.


  11. Default

    @ Mustapa "Thanks gentlemen, I need to get over my fear of software; always afraid I'll replace an original file with something that I somehow managed to make worse." Stay well away from Printshop for Windows 7 -- many less features than the program for XP, which cannot be upgraded..PFFT!

  12. #8352

    Default

    That Merchants' Bank looks like pretty flat-fronted second-tier D+P. Maybe that reflected the bank's incipient difficulties...

  13. #8353

    Default

    Le Weekend = something a little different:

    Views of Canada - Vues du Canada (1858-1935) McCord Museum.

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/museemc...7607788026604/

  14. #8354
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    St Lawrence Market Area
    Posts
    3,658

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustapha View Post
    Le Weekend = something a little different:

    Views of Canada - Vues du Canada (1858-1935) McCord Museum.

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/museemc...7607788026604/
    You cana lso search ALL of the wonderful Notman Collection at http://www.mccord-museum.qc.ca/scrip...id=00016__true

  15. #8355

    Default

    Military Trail thru Highland Creek valley - looking E., Scarborough - 1920 & 2012



    Goldie

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •