536     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 346     0 

Icon Condos (Tridel) - Real Estate -

g_man

Member Bio
Reaction score
Hi everybody,

This is my first post on here but I've been lurking around for a few weeks soaking up all the free knowledge and awesome pictures on here.

I wanted to know if anybody on here lives in the Tridel Icon buildings. Just went to look at a unit there today (looking to buy) and really liked it. The only real concern I had was that it overlooked one of the bar patios to the north of the building, it was on a higher floor (above the 10th) but I wanted to know if you'd still be able to hear music, people, etc. from inside the unit.

Besides that, any problems with this complex?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

i have a buddy who lives at the icon, on the 10th floor. and yeah you can hear the rooftop patio on the busy nights. i asked him on im and his reponse is

"with the windows closed you don't really notice it
however
on a weekend evening
if you don't have anything on, you'll hear it
if you're a really light sleeper, then it may annoy you"

Hmmm.... Good to know. I'm not a light sleeper, but I can see that being an issue if I ever needed to get up really early on a Saturday or Sunday morn...

Thanks for the response. I was thinking of going back today to look at the amenities in more detail.

I lived there for a while. Decent buildings... however the views in any direction are incredibly unimpressive.

You will definitely hear the bar to the north (gretzky's patio).

I ultimately chose the cityplace condos just south of this on front because they had much better views, amenities, etc. Also much better pricing. Don't know how things are now with pricing though.

not sure what's worst ... yes you can hear noise from the bars and clubs now, but won't for long (for unit facing north in ICON 1) since a proposed 20 storeys residential development has already been approved on the Gretzky's site, see this Planning staff report, I suppose when this is built the noise issue will be improved for ICON 1, but you will then be looking right into another building :rolleyes:

And those units facing north will soon (well, not that soon) have their view blocked by 300 Front Street - another Tridel building.

not sure what's worst ... yes you can hear noise from the bars and clubs now, but won't for long (for unit facing north in ICON 1) since a proposed 20 storeys residential development has already been approved on the Gretzky's site, see this Planning staff report, I suppose when this is built the noise issue will be improved for ICON 1, but you will then be looking right into another building :rolleyes:

has there been any progess on this proposal, any movement since 06?

And those units facing north will soon (well, not that soon) have their view blocked by 300 Front Street - another Tridel building.

I'm pretty sure you meant to say SOUTH facing units, since Front st. is south of this building...

In either case, I bought the unit. Looking forward to moving back into the city (and out of the 'burbs!).

Thanks for your help everyone :)

Back