Toronto 225 Queen East | 121.4m | 37s | Dash Developments | Arcadis

AlbertC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
http://www.kormannhouse.com/flash.php

Queen/Sherbourne

kormannvl6.jpg

I saw that render in the condo guide and was wondering what that old building is that the new tower will be attached to. This development and the one at the Berkeley church will help transform that horrid intersection/neighbourhood.

Yet another addition to condo alley on Sherbourne.

Will be interesting to see what the selling prices are.

Excellent! Good scale/height/massing. Slick design. This project will enhance that intersection immensely!

What Simply Dan said (although I suspect that the cladding will be what we have seen in almost every condo built in the core during the last few years, as opposed to the apparent unique cladding in the rendering).

Queen and Sherbourne is probably the most horrible intersection in the city, will be interesting to see the selling prices and how Brad Lamp is going to market this project

Queen and Sherbourne is probably the most horrible intersection in the city

I nominate Dundas/Sherbourne 2 blocks north as the worst intersection in the city, but this may come in as a close second!

Coffee Time was closed for the obvious reason...

... they were selling crack out of it. (Don't know if it was the owners or clients that got busted for that.)

The thing is, lots of people (on this board and elsewhere) having been admiring Modern and the building on the NW corner of Richmond and Sherbourne, which are no more than 50 paces from this corner. This very well might work at a discount to Mozo, e.g.

My eldest daughter figure skates at Moss Park Arena, so we're there twice a week. The strip is actually better than it used to be and the new Dollar Store actually improves this block. Both of those things being said, I wouldn't want to be a single female walking through there after the Meighan gets filled and there's some angry guys starting to get drunk in preparation for a night on the grates.

Tough part of town.

I'd buy a SRO here for $79,000. 250 sq ft is enough for me.:)

This project looks fine, but doesn't break any new ground. It needs more red brick at the base, and less of that overhanging with columns crap. Vancouver does weather protection right: a simple, cleanly-designed glass panel.

Back