1.1K     2 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 634     0 

miWay Transit

drum118

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Check out Mississauga Transit's New Body Shop and learn about Transit's history, success and its future vision.

Event Date(s):
June 23, 2008

3585 Erindale Station Road
Mississauga, Ontario
L5C 2S9

Duration: 12:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.

Take route 6W from Sq One as it will stop at stop 3046 near the building or walk down from route 26 that will be about a 5 minute walk.

You will see construction taking place for the expansion of the main complex that still has 2 years of work to be done yet. The existing building will be torn down after this building is put into operation.

Schedule for 6W from Sq One: 11:29 AM, 11:54 AM, 12:19 PM, 12:44 PM, 1:09 PM, 1:34 PM, 1:59 PM, 2:24 PM, 2:49 PM

For 26 from Islington: 11:06 AM, 11:21 AM, 11:37 AM, 11:53 AM, 12:08 PM
12:24 PM, 12:40 PM, 12:55 PM, 1:11 PM, 1:26 PM, 1:41 PM, 1:57 PM, 2:13 PM

From Sq One: 11:30 AM, 11:46 AM, 12:01 PM, 12:17 PM, 12:33 PM, 12:48 PM
1:04 PM, 1:20 PM, 1:35 PM, 1:51 PM, 2:06 PM, 2:21 PM

Going back to Sq One for 6E at stop 3039: 12:25 PMm 12:50 PM, 1:15 PM, 1:40 PM, 2:06 PM, 2:31 PM, 2:56 PM, 3:13 PM.

For 26 1128 Stop: 12:33 PM, 12:49 PM, 1:05 PM, 1:20 PM, 1:35 PM, 1:49 PM
2:02 PM, 2:15 PM, 2:28 PM, 2:41 PM, 2:54 PM

Don't you love it how MT's service changes always just end up being adjustments or minor service reductions for extra running times? The worst part is that they don't publish schedules or frequency guides, they force you onto the travel planner (which should be used for trip planning, not to see what "adjustment" is occuring to your route).

Don't you love it how MT's service changes always just end up being adjustments or minor service reductions for extra running times? The worst part is that they don't publish schedules or frequency guides, they force you onto the travel planner (which should be used for trip planning, not to see what "adjustment" is occuring to your route).

Many of the recent service changes have been substantial improvement, especially the change to the 35 last month. It is route 1 that I have been waiting so long for actual improvements but they never come.

MT does publish all the schedules (for every stop and for every route) separate from trip planner, both on the website and on the phone service. That was how found out that the upcoming changes to route 1 are merely adjustments. MT's website is a little difficult and unintuitive, but the amount of information it provides makes it much better than any other transit website I've seen.

I'm still waiting for my better service on 19 that started me off 8 years ago.

I noticed ridership has gone from 89,000 to 161,000 in 2 years.

If that is true, we are even further behind the 8 ball for service.

MT loves putting these timing changes out as it supposed to be saying we are doing something for your money.

Yes I love them :(.

If you know the stop number you are using, you can use the stop scheduler to get the time. You can pick any day of the week for that stop.

I still find flaw with the Click n Ride even putting in the correct info. This has been a problem from day one and still is.

I keep a record of all route changes or service changes that are major. I don't worry about a single time change.

I am expecting to see major changes starting with the Aug board change since we will have more buses added to the fleet starting this month.

I found that even though you can jump a few days after a major schedule change take place at the time the information is release, the true schedule may not show up until the day before the change takes place. This allows the planners to review the run time and stop time and fix their errors.

We have a lot of those errors today.

I believe the service adjustments are because they are trying to match up bus transfers at major intersections. This is something we should start seeing less of if I'm correct, very soon.

As far as the schedules... yes they do have schedules for every bus route.
In the left hand menu you'll see Route Maps & Schedules.
Unless I read what you're trying to say the wrong way.

I believe the service adjustments are because they are trying to match up bus transfers at major intersections. This is something we should start seeing less of if I'm correct, very soon.

As far as the schedules... yes they do have schedules for every bus route.
In the left hand menu you'll see Route Maps & Schedules.
Unless I read what you're trying to say the wrong way.

The problem is you cannot match up buses at each major stop because they don't run on the same headway in the first place. Even if they did, the distance between the stops is different and therefore you either have too much sit time to wait for the connecting route's or you will have more buses on a route than is needed in the first place.

I have almost a 5 minute wait on the #3 route at Dixie, yet buses do not connect in the first place since both routes run on different headway. 5 has a greater chance of getting caught up in traffic than the 3.

For a time, 19's and 1's where having a timing problem at Dundas and Hurontario trying to connect because traffic is an issue on both routes as well different headway and that has has disappear. Both routes see FS most of the day in the first place and not a real issue. Connecting to other routes that have 13-35 minute service becomes an issue.

It's nice to see routes connect, but traffic and ridership say you cannot without causing problems for riders on one or both routes.

As long as someone sits in front of a computer and looks where all the dots are around the arrival time of buses for a stop and do no line riding, you will not come up with a good schedule.

Drivers them self will fowl up the schedules as one driver will have a heavy foot while another will stop off for a coffee. Then, driver impute is engorge as to what taking place on the route as to when, where and why to help the scheduling.

Personally I think MT's website is really good, having both individual stop schedules and the trip planner, and just about everything else you could want on the site.

Hamilton has plans for possibly 2 LRT lines, and has a population of 504,559.

Ottawa is planning for a network of LRT, converting their BRT to LRT, and has a population of 848,720.

The Waterloo Region is planning for either a BRT or most likely LRT, and has a population of 478,121.

Mississauga says it may or may not put in a BRT, and it has a population of 704,246.

May or may not? That doesn't make any sense... and not just because the city has already received millions to build it...

Hamilton has plans for possibly 2 LRT lines, and has a population of 504,559.

Ottawa is planning for a network of LRT, converting their BRT to LRT, and has a population of 848,720.

The Waterloo Region is planning for either a BRT or most likely LRT, and has a population of 478,121.

Mississauga says it may or may not put in a BRT, and it has a population of 704,246.

Wrong... Mississauga IS building BRT and is planning for 2 LRT routes.

Even more actually. The idea is that once the Waterfront West LRT from Union to Long Branch is done that it'll be extended along Lakeshore all the way to Hurontario (Port Credit would look great having streetcars gliding down its main street) and the Eglinton LRT will also likely be continued to Hurontario from its currently assumed terminus at Renforth.

It 3 LRT's. Hurontario will be a preBRT in 2010 and Dundas in 2012 based on the timetable presented to Metrolinx on Friday. LRT is lost at this time.

Hamilton will have an LRT up and running before Mississauga at the rate the EA is taking place considering all this EA started last year.

In fact, there will be 4 LRT's with TTC Eglinton connecting to the 403 BRT that has to be upgrade to LRT now.

Need to start pushing LRT's at the June 25 Open House this month for Hurontario St.

Cash fare going up to $3 and the usually $.10 increase for 2009

MT has seen a lost of revenue from the use of the passes.

MT has a $1.7 M short fall

Weekly ridership is up 100,000 in 4 years to 110,000 daily. iTransit said 160,000 and who has the correct figures? MT, or the Budget Committee?

Automated Stop Announcement and signal priority will cost $14.7 m.

22 Hybrid artic's for 2010 to be use on 1 and 19 preBRT.

Labour cost will be around $110m and the highest item in the budget follow by Park and Rec at $80m, $75m for Fire and $60m for road.

Dundas EA $1.5m in 2009 and $1.5 in 2010. Hurontario $1m in 2009, $10m in 2010 and $10m in 2011.

RGS will see $5.2m in 2010 and $4.903m in 2011.

Central Parkway $18m in 2009

Meadowvalle MT 3rd garage: $1m in 2009, $12m in 2010 and $40m in 2011.

Buses in 2009, $50m, $70m in 2010, $40m in 2011.

Vehicle fuel up $1.20 vs $.80 in budget and will be budget at $1.03 for 2009. $.10 inceasse equates to $1.5m increase. 2008 budget is $13.6m and will be $16.5 in 2009. Currently at $1.20 and needs to be looked at closely for rest of the year.

Fare budget for 2008 was $61.9 and actual is $57.9 for a short fall of $4m

Transit labour represent 23.2% of budget increase.

City looking at 9.7% increase plus infrastructure of 1% plus.

Talk is canceling the GO shuttle buses for Cooksville and Meadowvalle. Most I seen on the GO shuttle buses for Cooksville has been 8 or 16 per hour. Poor cost ratio.

19 and 1 have a ratio of 1 and no surprise as 19 makes money.

Council lost quorum and may be added to council meeting on Wed for the rest of the budget, but will be at TTC meeting.

I am responsible for .9% of the tax increase for developing a new process of cleaning sidewalks and bus stops after a snow storm and can live with that.

City doing 2009 and 2010 budget at the same time which is a first for any city and has to do with the fact 2010 is election year. Budgets will be approved by Dec this year compare to Feb this year.

Can't believe at the pro transit talk for the budget, but it fall short. Even last weeks 2 meetings and reports where transit supported.

Carolyn Parrish who has advocated cutting taxes opposed any fare hike for 2009 of all things. She even said a special tax should be setup and show transit as a separated tax from the main tax bill along with infrastructure. Could be grand standing for her run at the Mayor seat in 2010 and to say to the car folks, "look what transit is doing to your tax bill and time to cut it".

I heard some ideas were put forth last month for more service on various routes as well weekends and was shot down.

Back