Urban Toronto - Powered by vBulletin
Project Essentials / dataBase – detailed project information, floor plans, renderings
Projects & Construction Thread  I  Real Estate Thread
Couture The Condominium
28 Ted Rogers Way, Toronto
Developer: Monarch Group, Philmor Group

Login to
post and
upload photos
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Couture - Bloor Walk 2 (Ted Rogers Way, Monarch/Philmor, 42s?, G+C)

Hybrid View

jmacmillan Guest

Default Couture - Bloor Walk 2 (Ted Rogers Way, Monarch/Philmor, 42s?, G+C)

This site is the previous home of the Anglican Church head Office, now relocated in the lower floors of the first phase of the BloorWalk development on Hayden just east of Church. the demolition sign has been up for quite a while now with no apparent activity. The demolition permit is dated December, 2005. In the meantime, the entire Goodwill site at Adelaide and Jarvis, a much taller building, has been completely razed. Also, Great Gulf has moved ahead with marketing of the XCONDO at 590 Jarvis.

The Philmor Group, developer of Bloorwalk, have permission to erect a 37 storey building, considerably shorter than the 50+ storey next door. I wonder if that is the cause of the delay. Do they want to go up higher?

www.philmorgroup.com/flash.html

Kyle Rae once told me that this developer was notoriously slow and said he prefered to work with *any* other developer. (I had asked him about the publlc park where Hayden deadends, promised as part of the 2-tower development and currently in use as a parking lot!!)

I wonder how soon Pizza Pizza, located on the southwest corner of Charles East and Jarvis, and owner of the two adjacent properties on Charles St E, will redevelop their property.

Anyone know the status of Couture and the proposal just to the north of X?
    ---
    Therion's on Twitter: @tomtothiron

Quote Originally Posted by Therion View Post
    Anyone know the status of Couture and the proposal just to the north of X?
    Those are one and the same.
    Last word was the sales office was to come down in October and excavation was to begin, but no movement yet.
    “Our roads are not here for automobiles. Our roads are here for people to get around.” - Michael Bloomberg, Mayor of New York City - July 10, 2012

Original photographic images posted on this forum by dt_toronto_geek are not for publication, display or dissemination of any kind except on the Urban Toronto discussion board, altered or otherwise, without expressed written permission from the owner.

I think Therion was referring to the proposal south of X by Great Gulf (I forget the address, Pizza Pizza HQ site, SW corner Jarvis and Charles)

Yes, my bad. I got my cardinal directions confused. Apologies.
    ---
    Therion's on Twitter: @tomtothiron

Don't hold your breath, this application wasn't filed until the end of August. Applications as far back as June still haven't been dealt with.

Application: New Building Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M4Y 2J6

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 08 197381 BLD 00 NB Accepted Date: Aug 26, 2008

Project: Apartment Building New Building

Description: Proposal to construct a 44 sty condo with 462 dwelling units and 5 levels of below grade parking.

7. Default Rendering

For future UT records (while it is still available from Monarch)

Miss you forever EE (1949-2011.10.14) and DaoDao (1998.03.28-2009.11.27)

I went into the sales office today and asked when construction was beginning. The woman told me that they are hoping to begin this year. I thanked her and as I left she added "cross your fingers".

Make what you will of that.
    “Our roads are not here for automobiles. Our roads are here for people to get around.” - Michael Bloomberg, Mayor of New York City - July 10, 2012

Original photographic images posted on this forum by dt_toronto_geek are not for publication, display or dissemination of any kind except on the Urban Toronto discussion board, altered or otherwise, without expressed written permission from the owner.

Does anyone have any update on the financial issues of the Monarch Group? A January article in The Star stated that Monarch is looking for buyers. Haven't seen anything else since. Should I trust in this group? I have another 6 days in my cool down period.

Shoppyfun Guest

They told me they are 55% sold but won't start construction until 75% sold. That's why they have reduced the price recently to attract buyers.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoppyfun View Post
    They told me they are 55% sold but won't start construction until 75% sold. That's why they have reduced the price recently to attract buyers.
    it'll take a significant price reduction to sell those floorplans.

Just called their sales office and they told me it's 39 floors at 58% sold

13. Default

39 sounds much better .... at least its decent height. But it's gonna take a looong time to get to the 75% mark .... maybe sometime next fall they'll start breaking ground.

Me thinks they don't know what they're talking about over there.

Quote Originally Posted by dt_toronto_geek View Post
    Me thinks they don't know what they're talking about over there.
    They've confirmed 39 floors, they knocked off the top 5 floors which were penthouses. They say that they're 70% now and expect to start digging by the end of the year.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast