Toronto Couture The Condominium | ?m | 42s | Philmor | Graziani + Corazza

J

jmacmillan

This site is the previous home of the Anglican Church head Office, now relocated in the lower floors of the first phase of the BloorWalk development on Hayden just east of Church. the demolition sign has been up for quite a while now with no apparent activity. The demolition permit is dated December, 2005. In the meantime, the entire Goodwill site at Adelaide and Jarvis, a much taller building, has been completely razed. Also, Great Gulf has moved ahead with marketing of the XCONDO at 590 Jarvis.

The Philmor Group, developer of Bloorwalk, have permission to erect a 37 storey building, considerably shorter than the 50+ storey next door. I wonder if that is the cause of the delay. Do they want to go up higher?

www.philmorgroup.com/flash.html

Kyle Rae once told me that this developer was notoriously slow and said he prefered to work with *any* other developer. (I had asked him about the publlc park where Hayden deadends, promised as part of the 2-tower development and currently in use as a parking lot!!)

I wonder how soon Pizza Pizza, located on the southwest corner of Charles East and Jarvis, and owner of the two adjacent properties on Charles St E, will redevelop their property.

I thought the parking lot belongs to the X condo development

Re: Bloorwalk 2 - status?

I live in an apartment adjacent to Bloor Walk.

I originally received a flyer in the mail promoting Bloor Walk II way back in 2003. After visiting the sales office it sounded like things were ready to go to start sales that year, but there has since been a long delay and the sales office is now gone (rather than staying to house the sales office for the second phase).

The second phase was planned to be a similar design to phase one and be 37 stories. I have since heard that the tower may be redesigned and reoriented due to the X Condo project blocking all the views of downtown.

I am very disappointed that the park was not included in the first phase and seems to be all forgotten.

Mark, there are 2 properties in question here and both the X Condo site and the Bloor Walk site have parking lots seperated by a fence.

Re: Bloorwalk 2 - status?

Thanks for the clarification

Is it possible to link Hayden to Jarvis? (incorporating a tunnel through Bloorwalk 2 similar to the Prince Arthur on Avenue Road if necessary)

And would you want it?

I think they do plan to connect Hayden to Charles St East beside the Gerstein Centre, which sits like an island now in Great Gulf's property. (I checked. A pedestrian walkway was originally proposed.)

Re: Status update...

I doubt anything will happen here for a while....

Apparently plans are going to be revised from the initial 37s tower. Following the relative success of X, the developer is going to aim for a tower potentially as tall as 54s for the second phase of Bloor Walk.

The X sales seems to have stalled with 140 units still unsold. Still, that represents about 2/3 or 65% sold, which is usually enough for construction to get underway. I wish that Great Gulf would follow Minto, Tridel, and others in promoting energy efficiency. It's sad. No sales person I spoke with knew about Energuide, for example.

The height and number of units are planned to be similar to the 'X' Condo directly south. Should be a late summer/early fall sales launch.

This sign is on the west side of Jarvis, just south of Bloor and slightly north of the X Condo site

When should we expect to see some planning documents for the revised tower?

City Application

Saw this in the city application webiste..............Looks like it'll be the same height as the X.

Application: Zoning Review Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M4Y 2J6

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 07 246325 ZPR 00 ZR Accepted Date: Jul 23, 2007

Project: Multiple-Use Building New Building

Description: PUBLIC - PRELIMINARY PROJECT REVIEW, Due Date is 21-AUG-07, >>Construct 44-storey mixed-use building containing 463 dwelling units and commercial at grade.

good news. Another massive bloor street(yorkville) parking lot bites the dust. Should have relatively same impact as the Belair parking lot disappearing!!

Back