Urban Toronto - Powered by vBulletin
Project Essentials / dataBase – detailed project information, floor plans, renderings
Projects & Construction Thread  I  Real Estate Thread
Couture The Condominium
28 Ted Rogers Way, Toronto
Developer: Monarch Group, Philmor Group
Page 43 of 63 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Thread: Couture - Bloor Walk 2 (Ted Rogers Way, Monarch/Philmor, 42s?, G+C)

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by vegeta_skyline View Post
    What?
    I don't really care for this one but to say its got more in common with the brutalist concrete apartment to the north of it than the glass box with similar dark overtones to the south is just absurd.
    I'm not really referring to materials, but to the heavy massing, clumsy form, overall careless approach to detail, and blandness of aesthetic.

I wouldn't call the building to the north brutalist either. Of course it's mainly concrete, but there's more to brutalist style
    than just lots of concrete.
    Last edited by Mississauga Slim; 2012-Feb-04 at 23:32.

2. Default

I still completely disagree that the massing/proportions and general form have more in common the Residences on Bloor than the X and the materials used have a lot to do with the aesthetic. But that doesn't mean I think its proportional in quality to the X, which I agree is far better detailed and executed.

I just don't think this is the best comparison to make;

Quote Originally Posted by dt_toronto_geek
    Last edited by vegeta_skyline; 2012-Feb-16 at 22:55. Reason: new image

February 8, 2012.

Walked by Couture today to take a look at the progress on the podium. I have no words to describe how UGLY this thing has become. I don't think they can choose a worse combination of glass colour. I was holding my breath hoping the podium would turn this project into something more but now I've given up all hope. The picture looks like I went into paint and used a paintbrush to grey out the two sections but the sad thing is that this is actually how it'll look like in person...judge for yourselves.

Why did this design even require any sort of "podium" (if you can call it that)...?

Definitely not what the render suggested. I was hoping for some colour on the podium, but The Cheapening™ has struck once again.

It's far from done, let's see how it turns out once all the materials have been installed.
    “Our roads are not here for automobiles. Our roads are here for people to get around.” - Michael Bloomberg, Mayor of New York City - July 10, 2012

Original photographic images posted on this forum by dt_toronto_geek are not for publication, display or dissemination of any kind except on the Urban Toronto discussion board, altered or otherwise, without expressed written permission from the owner.

8. Default

I wouldn't say it's The Cheapening as much as it is The Graziani + Corazza (eg. doomed from the start).

Quote Originally Posted by ProjectEnd View Post
    I wouldn't say it's The Cheapening as much as it is The Graziani + Corazza (eg. doomed from the start).
    Yup. All you have to do is look at their projects. Ugly.

10. Default

Perhaps The Graziani + Corazza-ing or The Graziani + Corazza Effect is more accurate. I kind of like the sound of the latter.

This building would look great in NYCC or MCC.

12. Default

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Quote Originally Posted by ProjectEnd View Post
    Perhaps The Graziani + Corazza-ing or The Graziani + Corazza Effect is more accurate. I kind of like the sound of the latter.
    I want to know what goes on inside these architect's head....are they purposely designing something with the intent of making it look like schnitzel, can't put on paper what they envision, developer's influence or are they just lacking creative juice???

Quote Originally Posted by Alex S View Post
    I want to know what goes on inside these architect's head....are they purposely designing something with the intent of making it look like schnitzel, can't put on paper what they envision, developer's influence or are they just lacking creative juice???
    I think the same thing when I see all the grey, glass boxes going up. Is this what these architects became architects for? (to just put up copy-cat, grey glass boxes?) I'd be very unhappy doing that.

15. Default

The quality of the criticism on this page is really low, and remarkably premature at that. Schnitzel? Graziani + Corazza Effect? Neither gibe tells us anything. We don't even see mullion caps on the podium yet, but that's not keeping UT types from machine-gunning it. Load up another clip boys - the last round you fired were blanks.

Page 43 of 63 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast