Toronto Four Eleven King Condominiums | 149.04m | 45s | Great Gulf | KPMB

Jayomatic

Member Bio
Reaction score
Noticed the Budget rental car has now been closed and there are demolition signs all over the building. Haven't heard anything about this corner at all especially at such a prime corner. Can't imagine anything here getting approval for more than 15 stories with it being on the south side and the city hopefully wanting to transition from the midrise character of King West.

interesting... hopefully somebody will be able to fill us in on this. I always think of this corner for the iPod ads that have been featured on the back side of that pink building to the east of this lot...

According to Adam Vaughan, from last week's panel on planning, there's a planned LCBO for the site... though he was quite adamant that they do more than a single story store (which is what is currently proposed).

something will be built however, until then, why have an empty building when you can have more commercial parking? (just a guess)

Yeah, I'm sure they're just trying to squeeze out a few more parking spaces. There isn't a notice about construction or zoning applications on the site yet.

LCBO is good news for this location. I thought there was going to be an LCBO under Neo/Montage in that big retail space where the Sobey's is going. Guess not!

An LCBO is definitely needed in this part of town. I'd love to see a great 10 -15 story terraced condo with a great large 2 story LCBO in this location. Large sidewalks to match the Hudson across the street. Low enough to maintain sunlight on King Street.

A 2s LCBO would be great - especially if those two stories are above ground rather than hidden in the basement like at the Atrium on Bay.

There is a remarkable lack of LCBO's in that area. I would be very happy if they put one at King/Spadina AND in the new cityplace building.

Stupid government regulated liquor stores....

If this were a normal industry, there would be way more around this area, and they would all be doing quite well.

And they would have iron bars on the windows and look seedy: some of the ugliest, scariest looking stores anywhere are liquor stores in unregulated markets. Anyway, privatizing/deregulating/splitting up the LCBO or not is quite another debate, and better for Toronto Issues if anyone wants to pursue it.

According to Adam Vaughan, from last week's panel on planning, there's a planned LCBO for the site... though he was quite adamant that they do more than a single story store (which is what is currently proposed).

Absolutely the wrong, wrong, wrong corner for a single floor building! I hope Vaughan is relentless in demanding more of this corner.

I completely agree. Echoing Vaughan's sentiment, it's utter hypocrisy for the Government of Ontario to allow the LCBO to build a single-storey store in an urban setting while touting Places to Grow, Smart Growth, and MoveOntario as the way Ontario will grow.

Shoppers Drug Mart and LCBO are the worst offenders for filling up perfectly good urban lots with ugly stucco single storey boxes.

the Shoppers at Queen and Parliament really bugs me, as does the LCBO at Dupont and Spadina.

I'm with Vaughan on this one (for once).

the Shoppers at Queen and Parliament really bugs me, as does the LCBO at Dupont and Spadina.

The Market Wharf site was slated for a similar style of Shoppers. The locals and the city said no. Hence the current tower proposal.

Back