Toronto Parc Nuvo at Essex | ?m | 36s | Graziani + Corazza

AlbertC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
http://www.tridel.com/parcnuvo/index_pre.php

parcbuilding_250.jpg

Well, I think that this is a step above the usual mediocre architecture that Etobicoke gets saddled with, and it's definitely better than the other Essex buildings.

I think that this is a step above the usual mediocre architecture that Etobicoke gets saddled with

I agree, doesn't look too bad at all...mind you, not up to the rarified tastes of some of the forumers here..../sniff/

What I like about Tridel is that lately they are mixing up their architectural styles in their different projects - at least there is some variety to look forward to..

and they do build a quality product..

...and it's got all those setbacks producing lots of articulation at the top of the building, so, great!, but why not use the setbacks to create a more interesting skyline profile too? From four directions this building will still appear to be a box on the distant skyline. Add some setbacks to the middle portions of each elevation and you could end up with some akin to the classic Central Park profile...

Maybe this will look more impressive when done than I am giving it credit for now, but while Tridel does seem to be trying or more interesting architecture lately, they are not quite hitting the nail on the head. (James Cooper Mansion remains their best-rendered project so far, but I suspect that will be bested by 300 Front when we see renderings for it. Too bad aA is not being employed for this tower.)

It is reminiscent of ROCP, but I think it's actually significantly better looking, due to the absence of the godawful curvy roofline on ROCP which makes me cringe every time I see it.

Looks like a design that's been mothballed for the past fifteen years, given a second debut. Reminds me of one of those things on the south side of Bloor just east of Yonge.

Maybe this will look more impressive when done than I am giving it credit for now, but while Tridel does seem to be trying or more interesting architecture lately, they are not quite hitting the nail on the head. (James Cooper Mansion remains their best-rendered project so far, but I suspect that will be bested by 300 Front when we see renderings for it. Too bad aA is not being employed for this tower.)

Hi 42,

It is my understanding that Rudy Wallman is doing 300 Front and he was formerly a partner with Peter Clewes at both Wallman Clewes Bergman Architects and aA following the merger with van Nostrand DiCastri Architects in 1999.

Back