News   Mar 28, 2024
 274     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 327     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 685     0 

Onyx (MCC, Davies Smith, 35s, Quadrangle/Raw)

M

Mike in TO

Davies Smith Development: Onyx - condos and lofts in MCC.

I'm thinking this is the final phase of the Citygate/Solstice development.

On the north-east corner of Web Dr and Duke of York .

Crane is up and work well under way.

The model of it in the sales office does not show the other 2 towers that are in place.

drum, it is Solstice that's under construction....onyx will be the 4th and final tower...there's an article in Friday's Mississauga News....it will be 35 storeys, and will be black and white in colour...should be interesting next to the other green towers...some of the interior design will be by Munge/Leung..the article states that the entire north face will be 2 storey lofts...but no rendering yet..

Onyx.jpg

Fernbrook and Davies Smith and Amacon keep moing along with their various developments, but Daniels seems to have stalled on their Capital Central Park development. One Park Tower was released almost two years ago. I'm surprised a new tower has not been launched - perhaps the competition in MCC is significantly slowing the sales in some projects.

I noticed that too. Maybe people got bored of the Daniels designs after seeing the Absolute and Citygate stuff. Although surprisingly the Universal is under construction. Maybe Daniels will make their new towers more dramatic. And then there's the Parkside Village development coming up as well, which probably isn't good news for Daniels.

That'll be a great addition to Pinnacle Centre...er,um, I mean...the area.

Amacon's Parkside development seems to be taking forever. Wonder if they're waiting for Absolute to sell out.

^ Amacon still has to starting building Eve and whatever the third tower in that project is still needs to be released and built. They've been constructing the new sales centre on the Parkside Village site which will allow them to knock the old one down and have room to build both Eve and the third tower. I doubt Parkside will see any major move for the next three or four years.

I think it may happen sooner than that, but in the meantime they are obviously reluctant to compete with themselves, as you say, not to mention: two new large towers at Absolute, the "Grand Ovation" tower, the "One Park" tower, "Wide Suites" , "Solstice", "Universal", etc. Developments in the MCC area are nothing short of amazing these days IMO.

funny you should ask....from today's Star....:)

11. ONYX CONDOMINIUMS AND LOFTS: Webb Dr., northeast corner of Webb and Duke of York Blvd. Builder: Davies Smith Developments. A 36-storey, 353-unit mostly glass building. Prices (parking included): from $191,900 for 532 sq. ft. to $369,900 for 1,157 sq. ft. Fees: 39 cents per sq. ft., plus hydro. Amenities: party room with lounge, dining area, billiards and media room, landscaped courtyard with indoor pool and privacy lounge pods, equipped fitness centre with yoga studio, walking trails, 24-hour concierge, activities director, billiards room, boardroom, rooftop terrace, car wash bay, wi-fi equipped throughout condo, two guest suites, outdoor hot tub, sauna, and steam room. Sales: 55 per cent sold. Status: construction to start beginning of 2008. Occupancy: summer 2009. Sales centre: 230 Burnhamthorpe Rd. W., 905-566-5090; www.liveonyx.com.

Thanks yyzer - I actually saw that in the Star and it got me thinking about Onyx, but I guess it was kind of a dumb question since construction hasn't started yet... :D

Back