Toronto X2 Condominiums | 160.93m | 49s | Lifetime | Wallman Architects

Observer Walt

Member Bio
Reaction score
The former Pizza Pizza head office at the southwest corner of Jarvis St. and Charles St. has been sold to a developer, according to a reliable source. The sale also included another property just to the west on the south side of Charles.

I don't have any further details, but would think that this will now be a condo site. We already have "X", being built by Great Gulf on the northwest corner, and "Couture" being built by Monarch just north of that. We could see three buildings in a row going up along this part of Jarvis Street.

They should call it Condo Condo. 967-11-11, call Condo Condo, hey, hey, hey.

I always found that building quite satisfying. I'll be sorry to see it go. It was originally a branch of the Bank of Nova Scotia.

Finally! As I have mentioned before, the same numbered company which owns the Pizza Pizza building also owns the two adjacent houses along Charles Street. I would expect a townhouse treatment, respecting the Gerstein house and 2-storey townhouse appendage planned by Great Gulf. (Now, if they could just get rid of that Toronto Hydro eyesore and decrepit rooming house!)

I'll have a medium condo, extra bedroom, hold the windowless study.

Thirty months or it's free, right?

"Condo Condo" is better than some of the ludicrous names being attached to condo develpments in this fair city.

"Beyond the Sea"? That name belongs somewhere beyond the sea, all right.

"The Star of Downtown"? More like "The Bit Player of Downtown".

"M5V"? At least the residents will have an easier time remembering their new postal code.

fyi the owner is first gulf and the builder is tucker hi rise
the piza piza is be demolished by the same company progreen demolition

So Great Gulf has bought this property? Please confirm

Anyone have more details or know where we can find more details?

^ I can probably confirm shortly who the buyer was and the price paid. Details as to what is planned for the site will probably take longer to obtain. An application to the City will be forthcoming in due course.

I did hear that Great Gulf is the purchaser, but I didn't say that in my original post as I don't have this confirmed yet. I simply heard that it's an apartment developer.

There is already a condo out in Forest Hill that has used Condo, Condo as its tune, referencing Quando, Quando.

But very funny indeed.

If you would like to buy the exact same condo as last time, and would like to use our automatic ordering system, please press 1.

Or how about the Tower of Pizza Pizza. Knowing Toronto condo names, this lamer name referencing another European setting would be apt.

And should we expect orange and white cladding?

Back