Toronto Printing Factory Lofts | ?m | 8s | Averton | Montgomery Sisam

• Thread starter TheAlmightyFuzzy
  • Start date
T

TheAlmightyFuzzy

www.theprintingfactorylofts.com/

Pretty interesting looking project combining a centre loft building, conversion of the old factory (?) and townhomes.

pfl.png

There's more renderings in the videos depicting the project

Looks interesting but who on earth did the copy: A neighbourhood born in the 1950's, a working class village industrial in nature, with a bit of a hard edge.

Oh, and Beaverbrooke is the developer? Would someone please tell those designing the "burbs' that when they decide to try something remotely interesting in the city (this has potential) that they should get a little more savvy or in touch with their audience first. I mean those bedroom shots look like they are from a days inn. Not remotely "modern or "hip" or whatever cool that it is "spilling east".

Good luck.

This has great potential for the type of in-fill projects I'd like to see more of along city thoroughfares. It preserves street level massing and height and interesting heritage facades, while adding density and massing back from the street, along with modern elements at different eye levels. Very urban. Like it.

It seems to be selling well. I received an email the other day saying they were 40% sold already.

I bought here--actually came searching the site to see if there was more information on the project. It's my first post on the site!

When I was at the sales office it was completely busy, and I had to wait over 30 minutes to write up my deal (it was on opening weekend, so I wasn't too shocked). It wouldn't surprise me if they were 40% sold given all the people I saw there.

The reason I bought here is because of the "style" of project. It's not cookie cutter, and looks fantastic (at least the computer picture of the building looks great). I'd rather live in a building that has come "oomph", and this one seemed to have it as soon as I laid my eyes on it.

It looks like it will be difficult to build, so I hope they can do a good job with it. They had a sign up that said "Lewis Builds" so I assume that these are the actual builders of the site (anyone know anything about Lewis Builds??).

Thanks!

What about the empty lot accross the street on the corner of carlaw & colgate? There was talk about a 10s live/work. Whatever happened with that proposal?

There are alot of things going on in this part of town. starbucks coming in, 2 parking lot 1/2 block away has application signs they want to build in fill.

I hope the large colgate lot won't be too far behind.

I also have a gut feeling that the team behind garment factory loft will do another project in the area.

Is the building in the center of this project an old structure that they are converting?

Haven't had a chance to drop by, and it's very difficult to tell by the web site.

As well, a friend of mine has been boasting about the place, and telling me to purchase there.

I'm looking in the 700 sf. size range.

Anyone know what this size unit would run in dollars there?

Call the sales centre. They will be happy to provide you with the information you require.

And thanks for your support.

Sdamien: post something again that sounds like a sales come-on, and your posts will be moved to the Slough of Despond - that's right, the Real Estate section.

Call the sales centre. They will be happy to provide you with the information you require.

And thanks for your support.

Sure, they could tell me about the building...

But I want to know, is this place even worth considering.

I personally do not like the area, but I just want to know if you guys think it's worth investing here.

Sdamien: post something again that sounds like a sales come-on, and your posts will be moved to the Slough of Despond - that's right, the Real Estate section.

WTF!

Are you being serious!

I didn't try to promote the sale of anything, all I did was ask for the opinion of my fellow Torontonians.

The reason for the three posts (though it hurts me to have to explain myself here) is:

1) I own a small unit at the Spire, and have considered flipping it due to the supposed price increase - wanted your opinion - NOT YOUR SALE!!!

2) I went by the Ditillery the other day, and I was considering buying a smaller unit there as an investment - wanted your opinion - NOT YOUR SALE!!!

3) I also heard that there are some cool things going down at Printing Factory. I personally do not like the area but again - wanted your opinion NOT YOUR SALE!!!

I have an agent, but I think under all advice that an agents gives, there's some bias since they do want to make a sale.

I was hoping to share some opinions here, that would make it a little easier for me to make my decision.

If I can't do that here, then please let me know, and I'll hopefully find my way to another forum (if it exists) that doesn't jump down my throat and excuse me all types of nonsense.

Okay.

Well, these investment line of questions should be posted in threads in the Real Estate section. You are free to start threads there about these developments.

Threads in the Projects and Construction section are meant for discussing the various merits of the developments as they relate to the city overall.

Back