47     0 
News   Apr 16, 2024
 651     3 
News   Apr 16, 2024
 468     3 

Sixty Loft (60 Bathurst St) COMPLETE

M

maifith

My husband and I just bought at loft at sixty loft. I'm just wondering if anyone else here has bought into this development.

There's already a thread in the Real Estate section for this project

Thanks

Thank you!
I am new to the site and didnt even look in the real estate section. I just figured since it was a new construction project that it would be here.

Thanks again!

A little backstory:

Before I bought at CASA, I almost bought a 38th floor unit at The Met (the one with the round balcony over-looking Carlton)...

And just before that... I was convinced I should buy at 60 Bathurst. The model suite was amazing. And it was huge. It was about 1200 square feet and was going for $295,000. A steal, I thought.

But one thing stopped me...

That unmistakeable slaughterhouse smell coming from just around the corner. Too bad. If it weren't for that, Casaguy would now be 60BathGuy.

Anyways, here's how the building is turning out. (It's one block north of Front on the west side.)

60bathrender.jpg

60bath1.jpg

Looking south on Spadina:

60bath2.jpg

You can see that Waterpark (or whatever it's called condo) further south of it.

60bath3.jpg

60bath4.jpg

There is another archway like this one below just to the right.

60bath5.jpg

60bath6.jpg

60bath7.jpg

60bath8.jpg

Below is the rear of the building looking directly at the underconstruction 60 Niagara.

60bath9.jpg

Too bad about this ugly box right across the street from it.

bathneigh.jpg

And directly behind 60 Bathurst is 60 Niagara.

60niagrender.jpg

Nothing special.

60niag1.jpg

60niag2.jpg

Agreed. The cladding turned out nicer than a lot of the cladding in the area.

Yeah, the slaughterhouse smell is an issue to those know about the nearby facility, and a bit of a surprise if they don't. It can be a problem in the summer mostly, but it is not constant.

Sixty Bathurst has turned out quite nicely - much better than the building across the street.

To see what happens inside that slaughterhouse go to MOCCA and watch the "Our Daily Bread" documentary about food production. Very interesting and should give you new respect for the workers that butcher cows daily just down the street from your overpriced Freed condo;)

Its got the same fun poking balconies everyone seemed to love on the Dia condo.

Does anyone know how well this project sold? It obviously didn't sell out as they are reopenning the showroom later this year.

One think that I like is the use of colour. It's reserved too, giving it some grace. Too many condos have these monochromatic facades of glass or concrete (and often, a combination of both), which will probably only look good when it's glimmering new.

I like this building. Looks like an old factory reminiscent of the King West area of the past. It also reminds me of the CBC building, ever so slightly, with the small red horizontal panels and the white framing separating each floor and vertical lines.

Back