News   Mar 28, 2024
 363     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 711     0 

Time to deal with Zaccardelli

jade_lee

Member Bio
Reaction score
So the ex commissioner thought it appropriate to tinker here and there with the last election knowing there were no guidelines against such behaviour by a public servant? I am not buying that lame excuse. This newly appointed head of complaints against the RCMP needs to look a wee bit closer. I would bet the farm on a policy existing that says a public servants such as Zaccardelli ought not to offer the public explanations about a possible crime, including names of politicians, with no supporting evidence against those who are under investigation. Who is policing the police? Not a smart guy. :rolleyes:

I've spoken with people who've worked with him at the RCMP, and the stories they tell are quite unbelievable. The head of complaints is obviously just hired to make the RCMP's case against the complainant.

Yeah, I'm sure there are plenty of nasty stories to be found from Zaccardelli's watch. This is the type of guy who should never be heading up a police force. Along with his political shenanigans was his nasty attitude towards Arar's case, and his (Zaccardelli's) rather weak comprehension of due process.

indeed! some striking examples of the old "power corrupts" adage! this guy is an absolute weasel. At best he is incompetent, at worst he deliberately interfered in both the justice system and the political process. I'd like to see some charges stick to this guy to make an example.

didnt he spend $2000 on riding boots ..that guy looks like one of those "vertical challenged" on the Wizard of Oz.I read he was a PITA towards more seasoned RCMP officers and tried to compensate for his size by overruling ideas from veteran investigators.

didnt he spend $2000 on riding boots ..that guy looks like one of those "vertical challenged" on the Wizard of Oz.I read he was a PITA towards more seasoned RCMP officers and tried to compensate for his size by overruling ideas from veteran investigators.

They were bespoke boots yes, from Harris bootmakers on Lakeshore in New Toronto. I believe the shop has closed, and the owner retired or passed away. Harris used to be on Yonge street at Sherwood in the 50s thru the 70s. Works of art. Ready made riding boots are about $600. but they don't fit well in the calf. Amazing that he had us pay for this bit of kit.

The RCMP needs an overhaul and soon!!!!!!
I don't trust the conservatives to do the dirty work that would be required, we need someone tough on law enforcers who mess up! The police cannot police themselves and to change the police culture there has to be some new guidelines. Very frightening indeed.

I don't wish to generalise but the truly stupidest man I ever met who actually held a job through to retirement was a Mountie. Again, let me state I don't propose that his shortcomings were average or any where near average for the force but the fact that he was able to stay wth the team scares me and makes me wonder how many others like him are still there. I guess it is easy to hide in a paramilitary organization if you just keep your boots shiny allowing guys like Zaccardelli and others prosper.

The taser inquiry is starting to shed some light on the RCMP culture of cover-up. How they will defend their own criminal behaviour at the expense of the tax payers of this country.
Even more insulting is the e-mail sent to the RCMP by the Harper goverment suggesting they need not attend the inquiry as it's not required by law that they do so because the federal government has all the jurisdiction and apparently had no intention of doing any investigating of the matter in question. They blindly trust the RCMP despite giving Zaccardelli a symbolic kick (he is still gainfully employed by this government). Where is the law and order agenda they speak of when they don't see fit to investigate their own?

there is a huge conspiracy that the Conservatives asked Zaccardelli to launch that income trust investigation in the middle of the 2006 election.

I would imagine he would do such a thing, the guy is a big scam bag. Should have seen him at Arar tribunal.

The RCMP needs to be taken out of local policing. I have never understood why in this day and age the RCMP does local policing all over the country. Let the provinces stand up their own police force.

The RCMP should become our FBI type force.

It's all this local policing stuff that gets them into trouble.

That logic of yours suggests it's a good thing that many guys didn't take up bank robbery as a profession and were better off working on Wall St?

Yeah the RCMP should be more FBI ish. Not! Why did they destroy the Air India evidence? Because they knew they could get away with it. What we don't know they make up it appears, isn't that more CIA ish?.

Last edited:
Yeah the RCMP should be more the FBI ish. Why did they destroy the Air India evidence? Because they knew they could get away with it. What we don't know they make up it appears.

It's their lack of professionalism that gets them in trouble. They are constantly torn between being a local police service to half the provinces and territories in this country and fulfilling their other mandates as a national security service and a national investigative authority.

Right now, they are jack of all, master of none. I'd rather see them ditch their 200 year local policing hangover and becoming a cutting edge national investigative force. Local policing should be left to local communities. After all, how much can a RCMP officer posted in for 2 years do in our remote communities?

It's their lack of professionalism that gets them in trouble. They are constantly torn between being a local police service to half the provinces and territories in this country and fulfilling their other mandates as a national security service and a national investigative authority.

Right now, they are jack of all, master of none. I'd rather see them ditch their 200 year local policing hangover and becoming a cutting edge national investigative force. Local policing should be left to local communities. After all, how much can a RCMP officer posted in for 2 years do in our remote communities?

ummm enforce the law and not break it?

If they can't function well locally what makes you think they will do well nationally? I mean I did give you the Air India as a very good example on how they really messed up there and still no accountability. Canadians have a right to criticize this incompetent agency who have really damaged our reputation and cost the tax payers a huge amount of cash to make up for the damages they have caused...Mr Arar for example. I am pleased that we are calling on them now to explain their actions and I would love to see Zaccardelli get his ass back to Canada and face the music on some of his "bad Judgement" calls

Last edited:

Back