Urban Toronto - Powered by vBulletin
UrbanToronto News - the latest headlines
Environmental Standards Come To Toronto Rental Apartments
ALSO
Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930

Thread: Pinewood Toronto Studios (formerly FilmPort, formerly Alsop)

Quote Originally Posted by Bogtrotter View Post
    In recent years it seems that its been mostly smaller films and TV productions here. I guess it was 'Chicago' that was the last big film or blockbuster filmed in TO.
    'Chicago' was released in 2002. I recently watched "The A-Team" on DVD for some mindless action. One of the best parts was spotting and identifying the Toronto landmark in the background of the scene (or sometimes not just the background -- a key scene was filmed inside the Toronto Reference Library). It was released last year, so I guess that movie is among the most recent 'big' films to be shot in Toronto.
    Last edited by Mongo; 2011-Mar-21 at 11:04.

Quote Originally Posted by Mongo View Post
    'Chicago' was released in 2002. I recently watched "The A-Team" on DVD for some mindless action. One of the best parts was spotting and identifying the Toronto landmark in the background of the scene (or sometimes not just the background -- a key scene was filmed inside the Toronto Reference Library). It was released last year, so I guess that movie is among the most recent 'big' films to be shot in Toronto.
    RED (starring Bruce Willis, John Malkovich, etc) also came out last year, it has a good many "spot the TO location" moments in it. I think it was almost all shot here.

I don't know how big a movie it was, but 'Kick-Ass' was recently filmed here. Also, 'Devil' by M. Night Shyamalan.

4. Default

World Trade Centre with Nicolas Cage was filmed here in 2006 I think. Also, Yonge St. north of Dundas was transformed into 125th Street in Harlem for the making of The Hulk in 2007.

Application: New Building Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON

Ward 30: Toronto-Danforth

Application#: 13 167357 BLD 00 NB Accepted Date: May 13, 2013

Project: Industrial New Building

Description: Proposal to construct a new 1 sty Communications and Broadcasting building. PS2 - Pinewood Studio's - New Studio/Flex Space - Building "B".

There was a story in several papers at the beginning of October stating that Pinewood was filing applications for more sound stages this month as well as more administration space. I am having trouble copying and pasting on my iPad but will post articles when able.

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930