News   Mar 28, 2024
 478     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 321     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 332     0 

Sightings ...

Sat next to Rick Mercer recently at the bar of Smokeless Joe on John St. He was with a colleague, talking (bitching, actually) about work. Nothing juicy or specific enough to remember.

I've seen Pierre Pettigrew a few times on Yonge Street. Does he work there?

Aside from maybe a few national news people, I haven't seen any that could be consider famous. Oh, but I did recognize Harry Stinson crossing Front Street a few days ago.

I saw both Dave Tsubushi (former Harris-Conservative cabinet minister) and Jeffrey Buttle (world figure skatking gold medalist) at Toronto-Pearson Airport on Monday.

david.jpg

buttle_jeffrey250.jpg

Hmmm, which one is cuter?

I could bore you with the people who fly with Porter everyday. Although two weeks ago I got to speak to Dalton McGuinty for 10 minutes one-on-one while we were waiting for him to be able to board his flight that was delayed by 2 hours in the aftermath of the last big snowstorm. Very nice guy and asked me about my background and my position with the Ministry of Tourism in the summer and whatnot.

I've seen Pierre Pettigrew a few times on Yonge Street. Does he work there?

Not sure, I saw him descending the S. escalator to the main floor of the Manulife Centre a few weeks ago. Impeccably dressed, distinguished, making the people around him seem merely generic in comparison--or maybe he just caught my eye because he is (or was) a known public figure.

A few weeks back I was eating at Shanghai Cowgirl on Queent street past 2 am when George Strombolopoulos sat down at the next table with some friends.

Pierre's hair - lovely though it is - wasn't light and fluffy as if he'd just washed it. It was clumped, as if it hadn't been washed in a few days. But, hey, it's a look.

Saw Atom Egoyan once at Shanghai Cowgirl. Back patio, by himself, eating lunch and reading a paper.

I saw Atom and his son (Proton?) at Nicholas Nickleby Part 1 one Sunday, March 16. They had better seats than I did.

Now that you've mentioned him, I saw atom Egoyan once as well at a bar on King street around Jarvis (I think), but the name escapes me.

Back