Toronto The Yorkville Condominiums | 104.54m | 31s | Lifetime | Wallman Architects

Observer Walt

Member Bio
Reaction score
The property which includes the offices of Moriyama & Teshima Architects, at the NW corner of Davenport Road and McMurrich Street, has been sold to a developer. The property also includes two or three old houses on the west side of McMurrich. It is immediately east of the "Florian" condo site.

The property has frontage of only 76 feet on Davenport Road, but runs back about 250 feet along McMurrich, so it's large enough to support a significant building.

I seem to recall some talk about two or three years ago that Moriyama & Teshima intended to do something here themselves, but apparently they have changed their minds about that.

I've been wanting to know who bought those two derelict semi's on McMurrich. They've been boarded up for months now.

Last edited:
It vary well could be.....I'm not saying it's spectacular architecture. Just that it fits in well on that corner.

And it's been a Doors Open thing, too.

Ideally, depending on the footprint involved, it could make a nifty condo lobby and/or garden...

Have M&T relocated then? It is or was a retrofitted gas station as far as I can recall as well..

p5

Very Very Nice.... very glad to see that they might be developing this lot, If anything I think it could stand to be a few floors taller... make the Four Seasons feel a little bit more comfortable.

I don't know. Looking at the elevations this looks like a disaster in clashing styles. I'll wait for a rendering though to get a better idea of materials and how it all fits together.

It reminds me of Vancouver's Shangri-la: cute little boxes popping out of the facade near the top. I think it looks very good, simple, and hopefully, is a sign of things to come to this dreary stretch of Toronto.

But, is this site right beside the Diamante development? Looks like the Mondrian's views are shot....

Reminds me A LOT of that tower at Cityplace with weird box thing in the middle of the tower.
It's a very "Toronto" style looking tower as well with that roof element.

nice building design ... but OOO my ... what a tight site ... when this is built (in addition to 2 buildings of Florian), this area will be a jungle !! the marvellous looking Domus will be entirely blocked from view (loved that building) ... I feel bad for the people liviing in the Domus townhouses to the immediate north

Building Footprints
site.jpg

Davenport / McMurrich elevations respectively
south-1.jpg
east-1.jpg

Back