Urban Toronto - Powered by vBulletin
UrbanToronto News - the latest headlines
How Tarion Helps Protect New Homebuyers
ALSO
Page 97 of 259 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107147197 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 3881

Thread: Downtown Subway (DRL) (Metrolinx/TTC, Proposed)

If the DRL gets built (and it should) it will be at least partially because of Transit City.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by GraphicMatt View Post
    If the DRL gets built (and it should) it will be at least partially because of Transit City.
    And due -if not more- to talks of a Yonge extension as well.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ellett44 View Post
    And due -if not more- to talks of a Yonge extension as well.
    Yeah York pushing for a Yonge extension has way more to do with the DRL than Transit City ever did.

Default Which mayoral candidates will support the DRL?

Which of the mayoral candidates (beyond Adam G) are transit friendly? Will any make supporting the DRL a key plank of their candidacy?

A new downtown subway in my lifetime would be worth voting for.

5. Default

I think Micheal Thompson?

Quote Originally Posted by mgl View Post
    Which of the mayoral candidates (beyond Adam G) are transit friendly? Will any make supporting the DRL a key plank of their candidacy?

A new downtown subway in my lifetime would be worth voting for.
    Jane Pitfield (lol)!

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Fresh Start View Post
    Jane Pitfield (lol)!
    Question is this: Will she run?
    Founder & Webitor-in-Chief of DelectablyChic! (formerly Prospere Magazine), an online-only lifestyle publication targeting young, hip professional women.

Not sure how this fits with the TTC removing their funding for DRL studies a couple months ago but they've put out a contract for a DOWNTOWN RAPID TRANSIT EXPANSION STUDY
    . I can't imagine it's for anything else...

From what I understand, the original proposal included a commitment to fund an EA of whatever recommendation the "Downtown Rapid Transit Expansion Study" suggested. The city removed that commitment, so the study will still go ahead, but whether it is followed by an EA is now undetermined.

The Transit City projects went through the same kind of study-then-EA process. Check out the page for the Don Mills LRT, it's a "Preliminary Planning for a Transit Project Assessment Study", not an EA, which will come later.

Strange things are happening with all the new development in Toronto...

http://app.toronto.ca/tmmis/viewAgen...em=2013.PG22.5

11. Default

There's this poll to take as to what to rename the DRL since that most likely will not be the name for it:

http://www.nowtoronto.com/news/story.cfm?content=191461

RESULTS

35% Change all subway lines to colours (Green Line, Yellow Line, etc)

23% Don River Line

11% The Subways, Subways, Subways Folks Line

10% Don Mills Line / Don Mills Express

8% Queen Elizabeth II Line

5% Toronto East for the first leg of the project, Toronto West for the second leg

3% Commuter Line

2% Suburban Express

2% Toronto Relief Line

How about "The never to get built line"?

13. Default

How about some productive, positive contribution for a change?

AoD

I think Toronto should simply name lines based on colour (green, blue, yellow etc) or number/letters (A, B C, 1, 2, 3). they are simply and very easy to remeber.

The current naming system system is too long and doesn't make sense. Yonge-University-Spadina line? What the hell? Even Bloor-danforth line is too long. FOr locals, they don't need to be reminded where the line runs; for visitors, they don't know where these streets are.

Downtown Relief line is a stupid name, IMO. When it turns out to be a big success, people will wonder why we call it that in 30 years (if it gets built).

I always just call it the spadina line, the Yonge line, the Bloor line, and the Sheppard line. The DRL should really be called the king line or queen line depending on its routing.