Toronto Liberty Market Lofts | ?m | 13s | Lifetime | Wallman Architects

Liberty Market Buildings are across the street from the Toy Factory Lofts

17 Foot Ceiling Lofts . com

Liberty Market Lofts in Liberty Village is designed by Wallman Architects

Liberty Market Lofts (Liberty Village, Lifetime/Blvd, 13s, Wallman)

Apparently the recent ads I've been hearing on the radio for "17footceilinglofts.com" is in fact just a promotional campaign for Liberty Market Lofts ... seems like pricing has come down a bit to start @ $199,900

http://www.libertymarketlofts.ca/

Last edited:
The building is 13 storeys, 39m (CofA) once you include all the sub floors?, hmmm , mezzanine levels? ... whatever, you know what I mean ... think lofts

This will be a new build south of the Liberty Market Building in the parking lot that is there. They didn't sell enough units at their first launch last year, so they are having another "Grand Opening" in a couple weeks. I quite like the project.

Rendering

As derived from the builder's website:

LibertyMarketLofts.jpg

I don't think you'll even be able to see this development near the Toy factory as it will be hidden behind the Liberty Market Building. But it does look like it will fit in well with the neighbourhood.

I may have the location wrong (the address is 5 hanna, right?) but, if not, the building is crammed up against the police garage on its east side. A derelict warehouse with a dirty parking lot and three superboards is to the south & west. True, there isn't a lot of traffic flow beyond the dozens of police vehicles however, that could easily change as this is roughly where the on and off Gardiner ramps for the Front Street extension were planned.

I may have the location wrong (the address is 5 hanna, right?) but, if not, the building is crammed up against the police garage on its east side. A derelict warehouse with a dirty parking lot and three superboards is to the south & west. True, there isn't a lot of traffic flow beyond the dozens of police vehicles however, that could easily change as this is roughly where the on and off Gardiner ramps for the Front Street extension were planned.

The Front Street extension is officially dead so there's no chance of the exit/entrance ramps happening. However, there is a good probability that a local street will be created to the south connecting the southern portions of all the LV condos running along East Liberty.

Personally, I think that the above price is a steal in that neighbourhood - I think I need to go have a talk with them again!

The Front Street extension is officially dead so there's no chance of the exit/entrance ramps happening.

It's dead but, not all dead. However, you'll probably have moved on by then.

Daily Commercial News

CONDOMINIUM APARTMENT BUILDING
Proj: 9094440-3
Toronto, Metro Toronto Reg ON
NEGOTIATED/WORKING DRAWINGS
Liberty Market Lofts, 171 East Liberty St, King St W, Strachan Ave, M6K 3P6
$38,500,000 est

Start: April, 2010

Complete: August, 2011

Note: Sales and marketing are underway. Schedules for completion of Working drawings, Sub trade tender and construction will be determined based on sales and the Owner's decision to proceed. Further update February, 2010.

Project: concrete foundation, structural steel frame, fuel fired heating system, proposed redevelopment of an existing munitions factory from WWII for the construction of a live-work loft building with 290 units ranging from 50 t0 109 sq meters. Building features will include a yoga studio; fitness studio; indoor basketball court; meeting rooms; an art gallery; commercial office and retail spaces.

Scope: 353,000 square feet; 7 storeys (x2 level lofts); 2 storeys below grade; 290 units; 5 acres

Development: Addition/alterations

Category: Apartment bldgs; Retail, wholesale services; Commercial offices; Parking bldgs

First report Thu Jan 15, 2009. Last report Mon Jun 08, 2009.
This report Mon Sep 21, 2009.

http://www.dailycommercialnews.com/cgi-bin/top10.pl?rm=show_top10_project&id=cacb1dea85ad95d127d65734b7372e0ad944518e&projectid=9094440&region=ontario

Back