Toronto Lumiere Condominiums | ?m | 32s | Lifetime | Wallman Architects

B

borgos

I also noticed a big sign being erected on the lot on Bay directly across from RoCP.

I drove by the other Bay St parking lot (across from RoCP)today. It's another condo building. I think it's called "Lumiere" but I could be wrong, had to keep my eyes on traffic.

edit: here's the website:

www.lumierecondos.com

it's by Menkes, immediately north of that god aweful condo with the giant rotating drill bits out front

Does anyone know the address for "Lumiere" or a link to a planning report?

AoD, you seem to always be able to find the planning reports quickly.

Mike in TO:

It's hard to find the reports without additional info re: the site. I did a search on Bay Street for Menkes and it came up empty.

If the photo on the website is a projected view from the condo, the site could be the parking lots east of Women's Hospital, at Grenville and Bay. Is it a car dealership? Does anyone have the exact address of that?

AoD

AoD, the parking lot across from the car dealership at Grenville and Bay is the Murano.

I think this project is on the west side of Bay in the small parking lot directly west of RoCP. There is a short office building on the south-west corner of Bay and College with a parking lot south of it. To the south of the parking lot are two existing condos built in the late 90s.

I hope that helps, unfortunately I don't have an address, although 777 Bay is the south east corner of Bay and College - so it would be a similar address ending in an even number.

Mike in TO:

Oh, I meant the site might be the car dealership itself, not the Murano site. It's hard to tell parking lots apart from car dealership on google.

Anyhow, I will see what I can pull out. Thanks.

AoD

Update: Nothing on 832 Bay - the address for Addison on Bay.

^ I usually walk by the car dealership on a regular basis to see what is happening or if any planning notices are posted and nothing is there as of last week.

I do know from various discussions I've had with some developers that there is significant interest in the Addison site. A few developers are currently negotiating with the Addison owners to purchase the site for future developement. A deal with one of those developers should be reached soon, but that site will still be a couple years away from reaching the market as it will still have to go through the planning process. I don't believe there are significant as-of-right provisions on the site itself.

Personally I hope the addison site isn't developed as a high-rise condo and something smaller is built - be it government offices or an expansion to Women's College Hospital to Bay St. Those reasons are rather selfish for me though, but there isn't currently any residential development on the west side of Bay between College and St. Mary's, so it makes sense to keep it office or instituational as it is part of the Queen's Park district (I don't want to see high-rise towers encroach too closely to Queen's Park).

^
My gosh, that's awful! Who did that animation and got to keep their job?

I honestly can't believe there are floating people. was there not an editor of some sort? someone to see it before getting published on the net to say, 'oh my god, what the hell is that??'

it almost makes the sapphire 'coming soon' webpage look good. in fact, I think I'll go take a look at it right now.

Proposed Lumiere condos is indeed on the west side of Bay Street, south of College across from RoCP. I took a spin over there on my bike late this afternoon and there is a notice posted on the site proposing a 30 storey building.

No floating people sighted...

30 storeys is somewhat disappointing for that lot. given ROCP I is right across the street i figured they'd go for at least 40.

and speaking of new towers, the knights of columbus building on sherbourne just put a sign up for a 32 storey tower which would incorporate the existing heritage house

Back