Toronto The Milan Condominium | ?m | 37s | Conservatory Group | Richmond Architects COMPLETE

• Thread starter The Burgher of TO
  • Start date
T

The Burgher of TO

Not major news, but they have signs posted around the perimeter saying that they're applying for a variance to allow for a 37 storey condo, with a Church St. address. Previously they were looking for two towers, 17 and 27 storeys, I believe. The meeting is on October 11 if anyone wants to attend.

Presumably so. "Church St. address" indicates the parking south/east of the store.

Also, you remember that this is the condo proposal that got the now-deceased owner of the Studio Building all cheesed off...

I seem to recall hearing that the site was severed from the Canadian Tire lands so the store will stay. 37 is pretty tall, hopefully the building will look better than the first proposal.

They've done a lot of work to modernize and expand that store since they announced the condos.

yv

"Also, you remember that this is the condo proposal that got the now-deceased owner of the Studio Building all cheesed off... "

I wonder if the death was a coprate cover up by an evil developer.

Church Street Canadian Tire site

The site was severed from the Canadian Tire property and was sold separately in late 2005. It consists of part of the parking area, south of the store. It faces Church Street just east of Yonge. The purchaser was Viewmark Homes, part of the Conservatory Group. They are working on Infinity, just west of the Air Canada Centre, and "Wide Suites" in the Miss. City Centre, among many other projects.

I would be extremely surprised to see the store sold off, given its good location and given that Canadian Tire has put some big bucks into renovating it within the past few years. On the other hand, if land values got high enough ...

Re: Church Street Canadian Tire site

Something tall here would be nice. It would help add to a midtown cluster at Yonge and Bloor.

Re: Church Street Canadian Tire site

homeowners on the other side of the rosedale ravine will be out in droves to oppose this: reisman and schwartz just spent $11B on their crescent & cluny compound, and they won't want to be overlooked by 37 stories.

like the application for 38 floors on yonge just south of summerhill, i think this one is going in provocatively high just so that when they offer to cut it down to 32 stories, the conservatory group can say 'see what friendly people we are? now give us everything else we want.'

Milan Residences

And now, continuing with the trend of naming condos after world class cities, The Conservatory Group brings to you:

milanresidences.ca/

Nice tower though, and since it is in Yorkville I must assume this is the recently proposed condo tower for the Canadian Tire land site.

milanrwn1.jpg

Definitely Cdn Tire site. I like it a lot. NIMBYs will go crazy.

some awkwardness but still the best tower from conservatory group to date

I'd like to see how this tower relates to 18 Yorkville...

Back