News   Mar 28, 2024
 1K     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 572     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 876     0 

Bravo Condos (22 Norton in NYCC, Baywood/Pemberton, 19s, P+S/IBI)

3-4 streets north of Empress Ave - it's near the small power transformer?

-

I was wondering the same thing. Between the Broadway condos, Ultima, and 5000 Yonge the Performing Arts' block is complete. It can't be to the North because the Board of Education, NYCC, and Mel Lastman Square are there. It's not to the South because the Madison Centre takes up the whole block. The West is out because that's the cemetery. My guesses are that this is either an addition to the Performing Arts Centre, or it's somewhere on the East side of Yonge.

Re: -

The signs for the Bravo are on the slot between Yonge and Doris/Norton Ave. and McKee Ave... It's right before the 24hr Dominion on Church Ave.

No this site is not dead ... since the site is nearly sold out (according to Baywood), they consolidate the sales staff with the Bohemian Embassy presentation centre down at Queen West (416.516.1212)

building.png

see more building renderings on this page

City Planning Final Staff Report

This report from August 2008 explains the delay on Bravo ...

http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2008/ny/bgrd/backgroundfile-15322.pdf

seeing that the OMB appeal is going through settlement / adjournment ... construction 'should' start any day now on site ~ :) ... seems like the final approval is now 18 storeys

South Elevation
Bravo_south.jpg

Site Plan
Bravo_sp.jpg

We tend to report buildings based on their highest inhabited floor, not the mechanical floor(s) that may be above. I have changed the title.

sounds good ... since there are 2 level penthhouse units on the 17th floor, I wasn't sure if I should call that 18s or 17s :)

Hmm. The drawing above calls the 18th floor "Mech." I would call this an 18 floor building though if the penthouses have two levels, and I believe you. Changed.

Interesting that Bravo includes 28K sq.ft of office space. Bazis is building 110K, Hullmark is adding a shade over 200K...it may be true that no office towers have been built or proposed since the Transamerica/Aegon Tower, and no new office towers may be built for years, but an entire tower's worth of office space will be built scattered amongst these projects (and possibly others, like low-rise complexes on Finch).

Basiz is building 100K, are you sure? Of office space? Not retail.

Back