News   Mar 28, 2024
 69     0 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.3K     1 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.1K     2 

Triumph, The (1971 Lakeshore Rd W, Mississauga, 15s, Makow Assoc. Architect)

Mike in TO

Member Bio
Reaction score
Mississauga staff will host a public meeting to discuss an application submitted by 607074 Ontario Limited for official plan and zoning by-law amendments to permit development of a 15-storey, 124-unit condominium building at 1969 and 1971 Lakeshore Road West, east of Southdown Road. The site is currently zoned and designated mainstreet commercial. The meeting is scheduled March 17.

This looks like the old Satalite (50s style diner) location in Clarkson.

This will be a fun one to watch. The local councillor and local residents all oppose it. The owner/developer calls racism b/c he's not WASPy enough for them. I find the site a little small for a 15 sotrey condo, unless it includes the place next door, in which case I can see it making some sense. I'm not sure whether or not I like the idea for this one. It's in a semi-decent area to intensify, but it will stand out like a sore thumb. I think I'll wait for judgement until I see a rendering.

The local councilor and residents oppose anything over 3 story tall in this neck of the woods.

They want single homes that will not support the density for Transit or other tax base needs while expecting their tax base to remain low.

Mississaugaia's still don't understand that to keep your property taxes down you need more people to spread the load over and the only way you are going to do this, is build up as out is gone.

I think there's also a 50s/60s pop-architecture argument on behalf of the Satellite somewhere in there, too...

I wouldn't say the area is against hi-rise the area already has a good number around already. Two 18s condos are approved to the west, a 15s condo immediatly across the street to the west, a 15s(ish) condo to the NE, and a 15s(ish) apartment across the street (with another two in the general area). It's surronded by 4s townhomes to the N and E, plus a new townhome development across the street.

My issue is more how the site is planned out, and what the actual shape is. If it's focused more to the SW corner of the site then I'm good with it, but I can see resident's to the east concerns over the towering effect. There's only a health club to the north (screw them), and to the S and W there are roads.

With respect to the Satellite, the developer has been off again and on again about whether the satellite would be incorporated into the condo. I have no clue whether the one he's proposing includes it or not, but I'm going to assume it does, but once a rendering is out, we'll know.

Personally I support a lot more intensification along Lakeshore. If Lakeshore is to get an LRT, then it only makes sense.

Since when is Lakeshore getting an LRT in Mississauga? The only LRT proposed for Mississauga at this point is Dundas E. and Hurontario.

Project was refused by Council tonight

The developer has my support if it goes to the OMB.

The Clowns were in a good mood night for putting on a election performance.

I give credit to the Focus group and the well throughout slide presentation show. The best one to date by the NIMBY with the help of the ward councilor.

How did Parrish vote on this?

No sure as I was not watching her. I'm not sure if she asked a question and it or was it the other one. It looks like it will be 11-0 on Dec 9 full council meeting.

It was said time after time by council that this was a c4 zone for commercial and should remain that way. Did some take a photo's of that strip plaza across the street as it is almost empty and run down. If so, how is a C4 work here.

There is room for a restaurant and 3 retail in this tower base.

There was the bitching that the upper floor was 37 feet from the close point to the property line, no green space a ground level, the area has gone from 1,100 residents to 2,200 in one year if this project moves ahead. The property is .63ha with 768 pop/ha up from the city view of 200 pop/ha to support transit.

Sometimes I'm glad we have the OMB. Can reverse stupid decisions like this. Lakeshore needs all the density it can get in my opinion. Actually, the whole city needs more density.

Back