Toronto Neptune + Neptune 2 Condominiums | 120.09m | 38s | Lanterra | P + S / IBI

A

Archivistower

The cover of the latest condo guide has a teaser for this building - but no details inside. I assume this is the 36 storey next phase - but where will it go? On the other side of June Callwood Park?

There are 3 "buildings" in the Neptune package.

A 36 storey point tower, a 15 storey slab, and a 2 storey podium.

The tower and slab are being treated as two independent buildings like Atlantis and Aquarius are two independent buildings, many shared elements including the lobby and some hallways, but independent elevator banks.

City Place?

Is this glass high-rise condo another piece of the City Place onslaught?

Re: City Place?

In twenty years people will think most of the waterfront was developed by the same developer and the same architect. 18 Yonge, the Pinnacle towers, Infinity, much of Cityplace, and Waterpark City all look pretty much the same. I'm sure I'm missing a few in my list as well.

Well......

Except that Waterpark City is one of the nicer looking condo towers down there. Love that green glass.....

Re: Well......

DOWNTOWN: Neptune condominiums
People buying into Neptune are coming into what will be a very established neighbourhood.
SYDNIA YU

From Friday's Globe and Mail

The project: A 38-storey tower with 474 condominium suites on the former Molson Brewery site at Fort York Boulevard, west of Bathurst Street and east of the Princes' Gates. This is the fourth tower in the WaterParkCity project.

Builders/developers: Lanterra Developments and Lifetime Homes

Architect: Page + Steele

Size: From one-bedroom suites starting at 465 square feet, up to 1,500-square-foot penthouses with two bedrooms and a den. Based on demand in the first three buildings (38, 28 and 12 storeys, respectively), many of the Neptune suites have either one bedroom and a den or two bedrooms.

Location: The site is close the Waterfront Trail, Ontario Place, CNE grounds and the ferry to Toronto Islands. Trendy shops and restaurants are located along King Street West and Queen's Quay West. Streetcars heading in every direction put the rest of the city within easy reach.

With all the condominium development in the area, a new 24-hour Dominion has opened in the Liberty Village community to the west.

"People buying into Neptune are coming into what will be a very established neighbourhood," says Mark Mandelbaum, chairman of Lanterra.

Description: With the first three towers completed at WaterParkCity, previews of the newest addition to the condominium community will be held this month.

The front of Neptune is anchored by Coronation Park and Gore Park, Mr. Mandelbaum explains. "It's going to have unrestricted views to the lake, and have a park on [one] side" that will be finished around the time the first buyers take occupancy in spring of 2010. Standard features: Granite countertops, ceramic-tile backsplashes and stainless-steel appliances in the kitchen. Engineered hardwood in the principal rooms; 40-ounce broadloom in the bedrooms.

Fee: About 40 cents a square foot, plus hydro.

Amenities: A two-storey lobby designed by munge/leung design associates staffed by a concierge around the clock, a party room with kitchen, and an eighth-floor rooftop garden with a hot tub and barbecue facilities.

The Odyssey recreation centre on the third floor — to be shared with a future building — will have an indoor pool, as well as a whirlpool, saunas and a gym with an aerobics area.

Sales centre: registration only. Phone 416-203-3700 or go to www.waterparkcity.ca.

I've heard a very significant portion of the units were snapped up by investors at the preview. Seems odd as the third phase (Aquarius) was a bit slow to be absorbed.

Better View? Aquarius (if Im thinking of the right one), seems to be partly behind Waterpark City and set back farther from the water.

Active living close to the water---the star
May 05, 2007 04:30 AM
A wave of interest is building for Neptune, the fourth condo tower at the Water Park City community. Built by Lanterra Developments and Lifetime Homes, Neptune will have suite prices starting at $186,900.

Neptune will be 38 storeys like its twin sister, Water Park City. This community also features the 28-storey Atlantis and 12-storey Aquarius condominiums.

Mark Mandelbaum, chairman of Lanterra says, " Neptune will have unobstructed views of the lake all the way to Coronation Park. We're very bullish on it."

The tower, designed by Page + Steele Architects, will be at Fort York Blvd., just west of Bathurst St. The Waterfront Trail is easily accessible, as well as Coronation Park, King West and Queen's Quay, plus Ontario Place.

The interior design is by Munge//Leung Design Associates and building amenities will include 24-hour concierge, a party room with a kitchen, an eighth-floor Zen-like rooftop garden with a hot tub and barbecue facilities, and the Odyssey recreation centre. There will be an indoor pool, whirlpool, saunas, fitness and aerobics area.

"At Neptune, we have the benefit of knowing this community of buyers. The first two buildings are fully occupied, so we have a good feel for the people living there," says Mandelbaum.

"There are a million bikes out front. This is an active crowd. We've expanded the recreational facilities for Neptune because they're burning out the treadmills at the other towers. The fitness facilities are never empty. They are always being used. I'm amazed. "

Suites have expansive windows and a balcony or terrace. Engineered hardwood flooring, and porcelain and ceramic tile are laid in the living/dining area, foyer and kitchen. Marble and ceramic tile are used in the ensuite and bedrooms have 40-ounce broadloom. Kitchens boast granite countertops, ceramic backsplash and stainless steel appliances.

Available suites include one-bedroom, one-bedroom plus den, two-bedroom and two-bedroom plus den suites ranging from 529 to 947 square feet, priced from $186,900 to $375,900.

Condo fees are 41 cents per square foot. A parking space costs $25,000.

The sales office and two model suites are at 219 Fort York Blvd., just west of Bathurst St. Hours are Monday to Thursday noon to 6 p.m.; Saturday and Sunday noon to 5 p.m.; closed Friday.

Occupancy is slated for 2010. Call 416-203-3700 or visit www.waterparkcity.ca.

I have tried and tried to figure out what all of the buildings are to the west of Malibu... the waterparkcity website couldn't be more confusing...

I think this one (now two floors above street level) is Neptune... please correct me if I'm wrong...

DSCN2152.jpg

Back