Printing Factory Lofts Condos (Beaverbrook Homes) - Real Estate -

Thesb

Member Bio
Reaction score
I recently purchased a small "traditional" loft at this development, and the process seemed to go smoothly. I see it is now under construction - so far so good. My brother recently pulled out of the debacle unfolding at Westside Lofts and bought at Abode. After watching him struggle with multiple revisions/delays/confusion/incompetence at Westside over the last year, I'm getting a little nervous. I'd just like to know if more experienced buyers have checked out The Printing Factory (Beaverbrook developing and Brad Lamb brokering) and, if so, are you confident that it will be a decent development?

My initial move-in date was for February '09, and that still stands as of right now. I expect delays, of course, which I'm told are typical with conversion projects. (A summer move would be nice.) I'm really looking forward to getting to know Leslieville after renting on Queen West for eight years and now Yonge/Eg for the last three years. I've heard nothing but good things about the neighborhood.

Factory delay??

Hey, i'm so excited to hear about other people who may possibly be my neighbours. I too have purchased a loft at the Printing Factory. Oh boy am i getting excited about moving in. I'm a little concerned about the construction though b/c a friend of mine purchased one down off Front st, and they have delayed the movein date by a whole year. They told her that it was weather that delayed the construction, but i figured it would effect the Printing Factory too... i dunno maybe it's something to do with living by the water but i hope i don't get the same letter. Anyway, nice to meet you Thesb!

Future Neighbours

I also bought at the Printing Factory Lofts, and looking forward to moving in. I've gone by a couple of times, and they started construction, so that's a good sign. Just from what I've heard from other "new build/conversion" buyers, I'm expecting a delay, but hopefully just by a month or so. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Anyhow, thought this was a neat way to meet some future neighbours, and Leslieville dwellers. I've always lived in the west end (Queen W), so I'm also looking forward to exploring a new neighbourhood.

When's the move-in date?

Did this project change hands, or is it the original developers? I thought they had planned a double row of stacked townhouses for the Boston side of the project, but it doesn't look that way anymore from the way the hole's been dug.

What date were you given for completion?

Catty Cakes / Tulip: Did you guys buy lofts in the original structure, the new mid-rise in the centre, or the townhomes?

I'm in the mid-rise in center. By the time I got around to it, all the conversons were pretty much gone. You're in the conversion project? They look really cool.

original construction - so what evers still standing right now - few apts. down from the main archway. can't remember the layout number - possibly the Vendome but i'll have to check.

... i think the original move in date was december, and now it's feb - i think.

wish it was sooner...

I think that the floorplans in this development are great. I'm not a fan of crazy unit designs... the more modular the better! Easier to furnish ;)

Back