Urban Toronto - Powered by vBulletin
Project Essentials / dataBase – detailed project information, floor plans, renderings
Projects & Construction Thread  I  Real Estate Thread
Īce Condominums at York Centre
York and Bremner, Toronto
Developer: Lanterra Developments, Cadillac Fairview
Page 148 of 269 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150158198248 ... LastLast
Results 2,206 to 2,220 of 4024

Thread: Īce Condos at York Centre (Lanterra, 57 + 67s, aA)

Feb 16

Due Time restriction, visit my site https://www.flickr.com/photos/drum118/ to see updated photos of projects shot the last few weeks since I don't have the time to post them to various threads.
    See my videos on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/Transitdrum118/videos

the view from the gardiner will be unlike any in North America when everything is built up ^^^ holy 2016 car commercials.

That drive will be so epic. Really pumped for that. And I already think Toronto is stunning coming in westbound on the Gardiner.

Quote Originally Posted by Miscreant View Post
    That drive will be so epic. Really pumped for that. And I already think Toronto is stunning coming in westbound on the Gardiner.
    from westbound the skyline (CBD) looks a lot more balanced, but from the east, you get to take in the skyline as a whole looking north, either way. equally epic.

from the east all you see of the cbd is scotiaplaza's east wall.. LOL
    check out my future toronto renders, complete with colour coding of the stages of construction!

http://urbantoronto.ca/forum/showthr...ronto-3d-model

6. Default

I actually like how omnipotent that wall is.

Quote Originally Posted by innsertnamehere View Post
    from the east all you see of the cbd is scotiaplaza's east wall.. LOL
    lol yup, imo it kinda kills the skyline view facing directly west. too dominant and fat! actually, the entire directly facing west view of the CBD has always looked off.. not great composition and the towers don't work that well together, only in scale.

I love the CBD from the east. It's very imposing.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Miscreant View Post
    Yet almost everyone on UT will still want the Gardiner gone.

^^ Only the ones who live downtown and have to walk under it, on a regular basis.

11. Default

Transportfan:

I think it would be more accurate to say that almost everyone on UT want the negative effects Gardiner and ancillary transportation infrastructure had on the surrounding areas gone. At this point, I'd be quite happy with a rebuild/reconfiguration instead of wholescale burial.

AoD

I dream of a burial, but would be happy with something less drastic. Like most others here I suspect, I'm just not crazy about how it is right now.

13. Default

Gotta love Toronto!

14. Default

Maybe we should elevate the Gardiner instead....higher.

15. Default

That's what Bruce Mau suggested years ago - though predictably it will create problems the grade of on/off ramps. An alternative would be to use materials that aren't as heavy (steel pipe columns a la OCAD vs. concrete piers, etc) and split the deck lengthwise into two (with a sort of skylight in between).

AoD