Toronto Evolution Condos | ?m | 14s | Averton | Arsenault

N

notyouagain

This is at Dundas & Michael Power Place. It was part of the townhouse development before the builder went broke. The previous incarnation was a nice looking 11 storey building designed by CORE. The new developer, Beaverbrook, went to the Committee of Adjustment, probably to go higher. They're building quite the presentation centre there - tall steel beams and footings, not your standard trailer home presentation centre. This suggests to me that they received approval for a much taller building. I can't see them building a fancy presentation centre for the few units the old plans had envisioned.

Excellent - a nice tall building here will not only continue the streetwall and further urbanize this area, but it will also hide those awful townhomes behind it, at least from Dundas. Now let's just hope that space for retail in the base is provided, and that the architecture is a bit more inspired than the mediocrity that runs amok in ECC.

Not bad at all! I dare say if it turns out like the render, it could very well be the nicest mid-rise condo in Etobicoke (though one could argue that the Loggia condos on the Queensway at Islington deserve that title). There's hope for this suburb yet!

March 22 2009 update

when I visited Evolution Condo's sales office today, the building was locked, and this is what I found posted on the door:

IMG_3558.jpg
IMG_3559.jpg

does this suggest this project is being put on the shelves?

LivingInNuvo ... since you have interest in this project you may want to keep your eyes on this one ~

Thanks Solaris. Actually saw that yesterday, and looking in the sales centre they actually are redoing the model suite. Looking at how sales have been I think the Re-Grand Opening with New Suite designs might be a good idea as long as they advertise the damn site. At least it looks like Beaverbrook still has some faith in the project.

Anyone know what happens if we are interested in one of these new suite designs. Are we able to switch up from the one that we have already bought?

I hope they don't change the exterior. It's a great design, especially for this area!

Apparently the only thing on the exterior that is changing is section of the concrete is now brick. I still think the building looks good if not better than before and it does tie in better to Tapestry next door. Apparently, Re-Grand Opening is May 30.

Attachments

• indexNew.jpg
    indexNew.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 1,195
Well it looks like Beaverbrook finally got their act together! They dumped the previous marketing company and are now using In2ition.

Many of the floorplans got revamped (luckily my design was untouched except that it gained 20 sq. ft.)

They decided to open up the site to Brokers which they did not initially do prior to their opening last year. There was quite a line up yesterday at the Agent event so hopefully this will give them the push they need to start building.

They are still adamant that construction will begin in December of this year.

Anyone know what percentage of any project must be sold before they can legally build? I have heard 65% but I am not sure.

That's good to hear. I go past this site frequently and was wondering what was up. I agree that the design is a good one, in this location facing directly on an arterial street.

I don't believe that there is any "legal" minimum number of sales required to start building. In past (better) days, a few projects started construction virtually before sales were under way. However, it is now generally accepted that lenders will not advance funds for construction until sales have reached 70% (used to be 60% in most cases). In addition, there are usually some other requirements (the 70% must include those who have made cash deposits of at least 10%, no more than a certain low percentage of out-of-country buyers, etc.)

Back