Toronto 3018 Yonge | 48.16m | 12s | Lanterra | Hariri Pontarini

Mike in TO

Member Bio
Reaction score
On January 10th an appeal was allowed by 3018-3020 Yonge Street Ltd against the failure of the city to enact an OP & zb/l amendments to permit a 16s, 198 unit condo builder at 3018-3020 Yonge Street, just south of Lawrence.

On January 10th an appeal was allowed by 3018-3020 Yonge Street Ltd against the failure of the city to enact an OP & zb/l amendments to permit a 16s, 198 unit condo builder at 3018-3020 Yonge Street, just south of Lawrence.

Oh, what a feeling! What a ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuushhhhhhh!

Are they going to call it the Toyota Towers? Can't wait to see what a disaster this turns out to be.

Why would this one be a disaster? There's not much available in the area condo wise. And there's many people in the area with money that are starting to downsize that still want to stay in the area. A win win in my books.

Why would this one be a disaster? There's not much available in the area condo wise. And there's many people in the area with money that are starting to downsize that still want to stay in the area. A win win in my books.

It is a great location for a quality development. Let's see what we end up with.

OMB approves 12s not 16s

Just read the OMB decision, and although they approve the development application, the height is to be reduced from 16s to 12s to keep in line with the height of the 1950's building to the immediate south of this proposed development.

In my opinion, 12s is way too low for a site so close to an underutilized subway station. It seems the OMB didn't want to set a new height precedent for this particular neighbourhood... I find this odd, as the OMB seems to set prededents in other neighbourhoods without hesitation.

You can see the OMB decision on Counselor Stintz's website: http://www.karenstintz.com/issues

I live in the ward, am pro-development and pro-density, and I have publically come out to Stinz as a YIMBY - Yes, In My BackYard.

In my opinion, 12s is way too low for a site so close to an underutilized subway station.

What if it's equal density to a point tower? Remember those old 70s-style arguments on behalf of low-rise/high-density...

In my opinion, 12s is way too low for a site so close to an underutilized subway station.

If you consider Lawrence station "underutilized," this:
tokyo_train.jpg

must be plain old "utilized," which makes me wonder what "overutilized" looks like...

Maybe this?
overloaded_train_hanging_india.jpg

I doubt that'll work inside a subway tunnel, though.

Property has been owned by H&R since '96.

So I would think they would get their own Condo Development Company to Develop it.

A disaster for the neighbourhood. The last seemingly urban low-rise family, genteel areas of the city.

How does this effect the neighbourhood whatsoever ? We're talking about a site right on Yonge ... we're not replacing housing or anything along those lines.

Here's another point ... has anyone taken a walk on the retail strip between York Mills - Lawrence ... lots of retail vacancies now ... I think a couple condos right on Yonge would do wonders for this strip.

3018 Yonge

I think this is a PERFECT location. Steps from the subway, across from Sherwood Park (many walking/running trails), Metro, shops at yonge/lawrence, restaurants, easy access to the 401 etc... the list goes on!

The height of the building was probably (like said before), determined from the building just south of there....plus Muir Park condo just a bit further south would be around 10 floors as well - a perfect fit for the area). There are various condo complex north of lawrence 5-6 stories.. and they hardly come on the market!

I am hoping Lanterra release the prices and floor plans very soon! Has anyone heard anything yet re: floor plans / prices?

:)

The height of the building was probably (like said before), determined from the building just south of there....plus Muir Park condo just a bit further south would be around 10 floors as well - a perfect fit for the area).

I forgot about this thread, but I remember thinking the same thing...

Back