Toronto Beyond The Sea | ?m | 44s | Empire | Richmond Architects

T

TheAlmightyFuzzy

www.beyondtheseacondos.com

Website, but no info or renderings yet.

According To Filip on SSC:

Beyond the Sea Condominium – Legion Road and Lake Shore Blvd

The following are some of the basic details as provided by the developer, Empire Homes at a presentation to HBSCA in October 2006. These are subject to revision with the final plans.

1. GFA - approximately 365,000 sq. ft (of which approx 350K residential,15K commercial/retail ground along Lakeshore) - all net of GFA deductions. This is approximately 30k more than present approvals

2. Units - approximately 485 suites, mix of types, average about 720 sq. ft /unit (ie. 350,000 sq. ft/485 units = 722 sf / unit) - subject to detailed marketing and design

3. Heights:
* 3 storey base building along Lakeshore (mixed commercial/residential)
* 36 storey tower - about same height as main tower as Marina Del Ray and as approved for the 2005 proposal at C of A
* 27 storey tower - 1 storey higher than original 2003 approval
* Slender shape point towers (about 6500 sq. ft. floorplates)- about 1/3 less than approved in 2003 - better views/openness to and through development
* Landscaped terrace with pool/recreation amenity link two towers
* Townhouse units along Legion and facing future City park (north)
* NO above grade parking structure (parking garage underground)

4. Legion Road Lights:
* As part of the original approvals the developer is responsible for the installation of traffic lights at the corner. HBSCA will be pushing to have these very important signals installed as soon a possible after C of A approval is given

Condominiums for people who think Lake Ontario is a sea?

One can smell the salty air... or possibly carbon tetrachloride :p

This better not affect the Mr. Christie's cookie factory. My wife and I found it by accident one morning. We simply followed our noses. There's a cookie factory outlet there where trailer park people load up on garbage bags full of crumbly chips ahoy and coffee break cookies. I ate viva puffs cookies that day for breakfast and lunch.

Condominiums for people who think Lake Ontario is a sea?

Whoa whoa whoa, it's not? I just got my whaling license from a guy behind the dumpster, what a waste of $20.

Is Bobby Darin going to be doing a show in the lobby? Or just Kevin Spacey?

Yup - this is the Mistral site. The second developer had another name for it. Chrysalis maybe? That was True North from Edmonton, who have since returned whence they came. Third time's a charm maybe? We await the renderings...

breezy 42

"There's a cookie factory outlet there where trailer park people load up on garbage bags full of crumbly chips ahoy and coffee break cookies."

Nothing tops the Peek Freans factory outlet on Bermondsey. I got a garbage bag full of their Bourbon cookies and ate them for breakfast, lunch, and dinner for days on end. I'd put them in the fridge and eat them cold...mmm...

So, any bets on how long before someone complains this thread is off-topic?

All dessert items taste better frozen. Especially Rolos.

I look forward to the "Chicken of the Sea" Condominiums.

Over to adma for a graphic ...

Oooh, they could get Jessica Simpson to be spokesmodel for that!

Back