AlbertC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
http://www.thekingeast.com/flash.php

kingeastvf8.jpg

kingeast2ay6.jpg

King and Parliament?

it says on a click through 30@330 Residences.

330 King Street East would be King and Parliament.

What a horrible website. When I click the links in the navbar, nothing happens.

Also... did they consider there is already a condo development a block or so to the west on King called "East" before they called theirs "King East"? Talk about a recipe for confusion.

Is this going at the north-west corner of King & Parliament? If so, there's currently a parking lot there. However, judging by the size of this project a few other buildings would have to be knocked down.

Darkstar: as I rattled downtown in my gilt 504 state carriage this morning I noticed that the undistinguished five storey brick building to the north of the lot has a 'for sale' sign on it.

Perhaps, once the neverending sale at Up Country ends, that little gem of a building will be taken down to make way for this one.

Post Eyes Group which sits between the parking lot and Up Country is either undergoing renovations or being gutted for a sales centre. I quite hope the brick building to the north of the parking lot isn't getting torn down. It looks in rough shape now but has lovely bones. The building that now houses Barbara Barry furniture et al. used to look just as rough as its cousin across the street but look at it now.

thekingeast.com website updated

-Location is 330 King Street East. (King and Parliament, north west cornerish).

-Two new renderings. Looks the the long width of the building will run east-west rather than north-south.

-Parties involved, Lamb Development Corp, Core Architects, Hyde Park Homes, The Sheer Corporation.

Having learning nothing from the Leslieville Lofts debacle (which is still being sold despite being rejected by the city)...plans are full steam ahead on this new development. The following email was sent by BJL brokers to their contacts last night...

Good evening,
The latest development in the King East/Corktown neighbourhood is The King East. Conveniently located at King and Parliament, the building will be steps to the St. Lawrence market and the Distillery District. The neighbourhood is quickly appreciating in value and as the Corktown area is developed, the King East corridor will continue to escalate in price.
This is an opportunity to buy prior to the public and broker launch. Please respond via email if you, a friend or colleague is interested in this opportunity. Floor plans and prices will be available very soon. Many new developments sell over 50% of their inventory on the opening day; this is a pre-launch sale and plans are not available to the general public or other real estate brokers. The public/broker launch will be in early April.

The latest development in the King East/Corktown neighbourhood is The King East. Conveniently located at King and Parliament, the building will be steps to the St. Lawrence market and the Distillery District. The neighbourhood is quickly appreciating in value and as the Corktown area is developed, the King East corridor will continue to escalate in price.
That's a bit of a stretch.

Back