News   Mar 28, 2024
 1.2K     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 622     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 902     0 

14th Avenue & 9th Line, Markham East

Interesting report. Good stategic planning and urban design. The new developments around Cornell and plans of the Markham/Stouffville Hospital expansion, relocation of Grace Hospital including a new joint Community Centre and library.

www.markham.ca/markham/re...060307.pdf

The second (cornell) report is interesting, but i'm still confused about why the first one was reposted (and about why all those posts were deleted, TWICE?)

EDIT: page four of this has a bunch of interesting traffic photos

A comment was made about someone elses property and they took offense over it. Probably beause it was true.

Honestly. I think it was unfair to delete the whole post which had some valauble information. The Cornell/East Markham project is a good study on urbanism. The reports use terminology in strategic planning..it is a good case study and applying the textbook theories in urban planning.

The recommendations look good, however, isn't it a little excessive to have 'rear lanes' for which driveways will be assessable. I like the idea of hiding the cars/garages, but isn't there a safety/community impact of having these hidden laneways. Maybe, underground parking would have a better impact/space efficency, especially if they expect higher residential densities?

I think it is just fine to have a discussion about Markham or any other suburb's projects.

We have discussed in the past such projects as Mississauga condos, Downtown Brampton, disappointments about plazas elsewhere (I am disappointed, by the way, by the touted Longo's plaza, same old, same old, only with a bit of landscaping).

A comment was made about someone elses property and they took offense over it. Probably beause it was true.

You don't learn, do you? Why make such personal attacks?

I didn't see the comment, but come on, I bet it wasn't that bad. Some of the people with the power to delete are just very sensitive, at the same time as they are insensitive to comments directed against certain others. I don't even know who is and isn't able to delete posts and topics -- but I have noticed that deletion seems to be totally arbitrary.

Why was the whole topic deleted instead of just the post? It was a good discussion.

I'm also wondering why two posts in this new thread (immediately after it was posted) were deleted.

Let's get this one deleted and see if a third one pops up...

"Let's get this one deleted and see if a third one pops up... "

there doesn't seem to be a rationale for deleting posts,
so you might say anything and it'll disappear ;)

Ancient thread but I can't find a current one.
19 July 2014:
jNMu3ir.jpg

TgBfmFL.jpg

Back