Urban Toronto - Powered by vBulletin
Project Essentials / dataBase detailed project information, floor plans, renderings
Projects & Construction Thread  I  Real Estate Thread
500 Wellington West
500 Wellington St W, Toronto
Developer: Freed Developments

Login to
post and
upload photos
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 500 Wellington St W (Freed, 10s, Core)

Quote Originally Posted by ebardoun View Post
    No one takes you seriously anymore you clown...give it up
    I believe Caveatemptor for the most part. A downturn is inevitable, it's just a matter of time. But as long as you are not holding several properties without sufficient capital in the bank to weather the slump, you should be fine. There are some people on this forum whose only contribution is to say Caveatemptor doesn't know what he is talking about and say he is "a clown". If you don't believe what he says, then ignore it and go on your merry way.

Wow, imagine that! The housing market won't be going up and up forever and forever? And caveatemptor has somehow discovered this cyclical quality?

Gee. So smart.

There are some people on this forum whose only contribution is to say Caveatemptor doesn't know what he is talking about and say he is "a clown". If you don't believe what he says, then ignore it and go on your merry way.
    There are some people (you) who are only defending his otherwise obvious observation of a slowdown, flatline or slight drop in housing prices (followed by recovery, etc.). Such a cycle is quite obvious to anyone over the age of thirty. The negative responses to the poster in question appear to reference the previous "sky-is-falling" posts, as well as the subject of vast armies of evil foreign specuvestors out to crash poor little Toronto's housing bubble.

If you don't like the comments, then, well, ignore it and go on your merry way.

He refers to Peter Freed as "Freed the Thief." Such immature name calling (never backed up with facts) is enough for me to ignore all posts.

4. Default

Well said. Predictions of the cyclicality of this market are appreciated and read with interest. Name calling that is never backed up with facts is indeed "clownish" and not welcome on this forum.

And do resist the temptation to judge me by my number of posts - i was one of the very first members of the original urbantoronto and one of the first to offer financial donations every time they were called for.

FYI,

from Adam Vaughan's office:

King-Spadina & Wellington Place Planning Meeting

Date: Monday April 21, 2008
    Time: 7:00 9:00 PM

There will be presentations about the following projects:

560 King St. W. (west of Brant)
    650 King St. W. (at Bathurst)
    500 Wellington St. W. (east of Portland)
    504 Wellington St. W. (east of Portland)

From the latest Freed newsletter:

FIVE HUNDRED WELLINGTON WEST
    CONSTRUCTION STARTS THIS MONTH!
    From $1.6 to $5 million. - 65% SOLD.

7. Default

Demolition began on Friday at the front of the building. I'll probably take some pics on Monday.

8. Default

Demolition is now complete and I've been lazy about pictures.

Well, uhhhh, get off your ass?

Hope that helps!

Is this project still going ahead? Can anyone living or working in the area see what's going on here?

11. Default

Site has been cleared and it appears to be quiet for the time being.

that is one LONG building. from $1.5 million?? :S

Shoring is almost completed and excavation should start over the next 10 days.
    Last edited by drum118; 2009-Nov-27 at 22:43. Reason: Add Photo

Default Recent pic

15. Default

Look forward to tis great project's completion
    Last edited by interchange42; 2010-Feb-06 at 00:12. Reason: do not immediately repost images

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast