News   Apr 25, 2024
 152     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.6K     1 

Pulse Condominiums in North York (Pemberton, 27s, Burka Varacalli)

Dane

Member Bio
Reaction score
Couldn't find a thread for this development, if there is one, please merge.

2106514962_3f3e416bae_b.jpg

South Tower, December 12 2007

Great shots Smuncky! Yonge St looks is so wide in this area that the towers the line it seem tiny.

I am willing to go on record and say that Pulse is the best condo in the Yonge & Finch area. Bold statement I know. ;)

^^ I like them at street level.... they meet the street nicely, but.... I'd say Tridel's Meridian is nicer.... all round.

Pulse .... well... its just.. "eh" nothing special.

Great shots Smuncky! Yonge St looks is so wide in this area that the towers the line it seem tiny.

I am willing to go on record and say that Pulse is the best condo in the Yonge & Finch area. Bold statement I know. ;)

Just goes to show how subjective taste is. I think it looks ugly, but given Y&F area, maybe you are right in that context. :)

^ Given the context, Pulse is not bad. I do prefer the look of the Meridian towers over Pulse, but Pulse is better at street level. Not a fan of the 2-3 storey precast podium Meridian sits on, although the retail looks well used the few times I've passed by.

There isn't much to work with in the Y/F context so Pulse is my default favourite. Meridain and C-Condos take the silver and bronze, respectively.

I don't know what it is about Pulse but I kind of, sorta, just a bit, like this development. Maybe it is the hard edges or the way it meets the street. Perhaps it is the wrapped glass balconies or the way it is angled. Perhaps it is just because I'm insane. No one will ever know...

I agree with Hypnotoad, Pulse is by far the best looking towers in North York. I thinks it's the striking dark green glass, the way it is angled from Yonge Street and the wrap around balconies.

I'm not sure I like the angled towers...the area now seems cluttered with towers but there's still no canyon presence. Pulse's podium is vile...and will it have the usual Second Cup, dry cleaners & friends retail?

Back