Urban Toronto - Powered by vBulletin
Project Essentials / dataBase – detailed project information, floor plans, renderings
Projects & Construction Thread
Ryerson's Mattamy Athletics Centre + Loblaws at the Gardens
60 Carlton St, Toronto
Developer: Ryerson University, Loblaw Companies

Login to
post and
upload photos
Page 68 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1378

Thread: Maple Leaf Gardens - Loblaws Superstore/Ryerson Rink

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Boomdog15 View Post
    Happy Birthday to MLG. The grand ol' lady is 80 today!
    She shows her age well, unlike her cousin the Montreal Forum.
    Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by savevp View Post
    She shows her age well, unlike her cousin the Montreal Forum.
    They deff bastardized the Montreal Forum. Now it's a complete abomination. As a Habs fan, it makes me sick everytime I see it. Architecturally, MLG blows it away...

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
    They deff bastardized the Montreal Forum. Now it's a complete abomination. As a Habs fan, it makes me sick everytime I see it. Architecturally, MLG blows it away...
    On the other hand the Forum faired better than the Boston Garden.
    Thoughts?

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by savevp View Post
    On the other hand the Forum faired better than the Boston Garden.
    I'd have to disagree with that. Boston Garden died with dignity. The Forum survives, but looks like its been tarted up like an old hooker. Destruction might have been better.

^^ Um, it's the Pepsi Forum! Get it right! LMAO jk
    But seriously, they raped the poor ol' forum. It looks like shit, and the memorial inside (a random seating arrangement w/ a creepy, cheering fan statue) is really sad.
    The true Habs Memorial is the new'ish public square attched to Bell Ctr (& Lucien-Allier Metro/AMT Stn).

Le Forum (google streetview)

Bell Ctr Square
    Last edited by DC83; 2011-Nov-13 at 14:29.

I took a walk by last night, the Loblaws section through the windows on Church Street looks huge. It's hard to put it to scale but it appears to go from a little inside the Church/Carlton entrance to at least 2/3 of the way over to the west end of the building. It was impossible to see how far back it goes (to the north end of the building). Joe Fresh is coming along, the lights were off in the LCBO area so it was hard to tell what was going on in there. From what I could see last night I'm confident that Loblaws will be ready by the 23rd.
    “Our roads are not here for automobiles. Our roads are here for people to get around.” - Michael Bloomberg, Mayor of New York City - July 10, 2012

Original photographic images posted on this forum by dt_toronto_geek are not for publication, display or dissemination of any kind except on the Urban Toronto discussion board, altered or otherwise, without expressed written permission from the owner.

They had the doors propped open along Church yesterday and I was able to get a pretty good look inside. It's totally unrecognizable on the inside, but there are nods here and there to the building's history. They really did a fantastic job on the interior.

Nov 12
    A lot of 7/24 work is needed if this is to open as schedule. A lot of work will not be completed until 2012.

Due Time restriction, visit my site https://www.flickr.com/photos/drum118/ to see updated photos of projects shot the last few weeks since I don't have the time to post them to various threads.
    See my videos on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/Transitdrum118/videos

9. Default Loblaws grand opening info

The Loblaws at Maple Leaf Gardens is opening November 23rd. I work for Loblaws and I was asked to work in that store to help out for the grand opening.

10. Default

ad i saw at thestar.com. may not look like they'll be ready, but if they're putting up ads for nov.23rd, it's most likely going to happen.

11. Default

The outside may not be finished, but you would be surprised how fast they can pull the store together. I work the first 4 days - 8 hour shifts. Not sure I'll survive lol

It's only Loblaws that has to be ready by the 23rd, the work on Ryerson's facilities and other retail (presumably) will continue. So long as the Loblaws space is all up to code as per the building inspector they are good to go. It'll be ready.
    “Our roads are not here for automobiles. Our roads are here for people to get around.” - Michael Bloomberg, Mayor of New York City - July 10, 2012

Original photographic images posted on this forum by dt_toronto_geek are not for publication, display or dissemination of any kind except on the Urban Toronto discussion board, altered or otherwise, without expressed written permission from the owner.

13. Default

I went by there today and spoke to construction crew - and they confirmed the 23rd is in fact the date. They sounded pretty confident it would happen, so I think we're safe to trust. As for the Ryerson athletic centre, the general consensus for the completion is around Februrary/March.

14. Default

Quote Originally Posted by cheekygirl View Post
    The Loblaws at Maple Leaf Gardens is opening November 23rd. I work for Loblaws and I was asked to work in that store to help out for the grand opening.
    I don't want to start anything but just say for the last time "Loblaws store and Maple Leaf Gardens" should not be in the same sentence. I don't have a problem with Ryerson but a grocery store? Ugghh!

15. Default Queen Portland

Any word on when the Queen Portland one is opening?

Page 68 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast