Toronto Minto775 King West | ?m | 17s | Minto Group | Hariri Pontarini

cabeman

Member Bio
Reaction score
Former Paul Wolf Electric site at King and Tecumseth just about cleared (Minto purchased the site in September).

755KingStW.jpg

755KingStW1.jpg

755KingStW2.jpg

755KingStW3.jpg

755KingStW4.jpg

755KingStW5.jpg

755KingStW6.jpg

755KingStW7.jpg

DSCN0601_resize.jpg

DSCN0602_resize.jpg

Excellent. Almost anything is a step up from what was there before. I've been away for a while. Are there any renderings of what Minto wants to build there?

Nice old houses bite the dust--don't you just love this town?

I think that there was very little redeeming architecture in the Paul Wolf electric supply townhouse.

It's interesting to compare it to the regal "Gotham" condo-conversion next door. The juxtaposition of these two buildings tells me that Toronto's problem with neighbouring scale was even a problem 80 years ago.

The ever-changing stretch of King West keeps on changing.

minto is apparently speculating on this one ... construction is supposed to start next month instead of the usual temp parking lot and sales centre setup

minto is apparently speculating on this one ... construction is supposed to start next month instead of the usual temp parking lot and sales centre setup

Did I miss something? I have not seen anything go through site plan approval, so how can they start construction?

The Paul Wolf building looks like it would have made a good site for artist studios ala 48 Abell, but oh well...

Glad to see a one-storey strip mall bite the dust though. They have no business being allowed to exist anywhere downtown, especially on a major street like King. Why was something like that approved in the first place??

Now if only the same fate would befall the almost identical, awful one-storey strip on the northeast corner of King and Dufferin!

Now if only the same fate would befall the almost identical, awful one-storey strip on the northeast corner of King and Dufferin!

proposed tower 4 (or 5?) of the bridge/king towns development

Back