Urban Toronto - Powered by vBulletin
Project Essentials / dataBase detailed project information, floor plans, renderings
Projects & Construction Thread  I  Real Estate Thread
Gooderham
Cherry & Mill, Toronto
Developer: Cityscape, Dream (formerly Dundee Realty)

Login to
post and
upload photos
Page 148 of 174 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150158 ... LastLast
Results 2,206 to 2,220 of 2608

Thread: Pure/Clear Spirit, Gooderham Condos (Distillery, Cityscape, 32 + 40 + 35s, aA)

  1. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ramako View Post
    As per the model above, the mechanical penthouse was supposed to twist somewhat. That no longer seems to be the case from the recent photos.
    i was thinking the same, i guess its all part of the Cheapening


  2. #2207

    Default

    Perhaps the twisted "mechanical penthouses" were stacked, empty delivery boxes from some sort of order-in meal they'd had at the presentation centre?

    The twist in the model didn't relate to the towers below, and aA's roof elements are rarely prehensile tails that wag the dog, and the design that's actually being built looks as if it picks up on the slightly dislocated and tipsy look of the balconies that have been built, so I think the actual building will be a more coherent design than what the model suggested.

  3. Default

    Name:  North .jpg
Views: 124
Size:  95.9 KBName:  West 21st floor.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  95.6 KBName:  Podium view.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  97.8 KBName:  lobby up.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  88.3 KB

    Here are some photos I took from the building in February.

  4. Default

    Great pics Mike. For the photo of the city view, can you tell me where on the Western side of the building you were standing? More to the NW corner, or SW? I ask as I'm going to be on the SW corner of the Gooderham, and trying to figure out my sight lines. Thanks for any input!

  5. #2210
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Toronto. Clear Spirit - Distillery District
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Good Photos Mike! I've been waiting to see more views from the building - thank you.

  6. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by janner33 View Post
    Great pics Mike. For the photo of the city view, can you tell me where on the Western side of the building you were standing? More to the NW corner, or SW? I ask as I'm going to be on the SW corner of the Gooderham, and trying to figure out my sight lines. Thanks for any input!
    Hi Glad you like them. The west shots where more from the middle of Clear Spirit. We are thinking to go back and take some more shots from the N/E corner of clear spirit facing west, in order to have a sense of the Gooderham S/W.

    From what I've seen on the inside, I think people are going to be really pleasantly surprised.

  7. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Mackie View Post
    Hi Glad you like them. The west shots where more from the middle of Clear Spirit. We are thinking to go back and take some more shots from the N/E corner of clear spirit facing west, in order to have a sense of the Gooderham S/W.

    From what I've seen on the inside, I think people are going to be really pleasantly surprised.
    That's great Mike! I look forward to those shots; keep 'em coming!

  8. #2213
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Mississauga
    Posts
    2,706

    Default

    from yesterday





  9. #2214

    Default


    By torontovibe at 2012-05-06

  10. #2215
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Hanoi, VN
    Posts
    1,254

    Default

    ^Love the overall wavelike effect in the reflective glass created by the smoothly gradual shift in the balcony dimensions from bottom to top. Much more elegant, imo, than the staggered patterns used in Market Wharf and a number of other aA designs. Not sure if the balcony glass will heighten or lessen this effect - probably will depend on the reflectivity of whatever glass they end up using.
    ...

  11. #2216
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Leslieville
    Posts
    2,064

    Default

    I'm thinking a somewhat transparent, but slightly frosted glass would add a nice effect while accentuating the shifting balconies. Or perhaps a frit, like the balconies on the TIFF condo.

  12. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by egotrippin View Post
    I'm thinking a somewhat transparent, but slightly frosted glass would add a nice effect while accentuating the shifting balconies. Or perhaps a frit, like the balconies on the TIFF condo.
    That's a good suggestion. The building needs the accentuation, or else the dynamic visual effect of the balcony slab design might not have much of an effect from a distance.

  13. #2218

    Default

    JZ, love all your photos as always... but especially that one looking west from the DVP. It really shows all the progress on the park there and it's a stunning view of downtown!

  14. Default

    Was just at the distillery on Monday for lunch - incredible place but I found the over all site of the district to be small. Are there any plans to extend this pedestrian, old Victorian style experience northward / east or west?

  15. #2220

    Default

    .... god I hope not!

    It may be 'small' but at least it's authentic.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •