Toronto Victory Condos | ?m | 12s | Lifetime | Wallman Architects

S

SpadinaBus

The property known as "478 King" on the north side of King West, just west of Spadina was recently sold by Allied Properties. It is currently a parking lot just beside the Mini dealership. There is a rumour of the new owners being a boutique hotel developer. Has anyone heard what the new owners are doing with this site? Hotel, condo, commercial?

I think someone posted a community report about a year ago for this piece of land.

Remembered it being some sort of commerical building but can't remember exactly what it was. I think i remember it being around 10 stories though.

I do know Mini is going to be moving though. They have plans for a 4 story showroom right next to the BMW downtown location. Hopefully what they have planned is a beautiful as the bmw building

It was indeed once a commercial property being developed by Allied and it went through some OMB hearings on setback and height issues a couple of years ago. It appears that is all out the window now as Allied sold the property and abandoned the development.

It would be nice to see a boutique hotel there as the Holiday Inn is the only "choice" on King West.

Could it be the new W?

And by W, I mean of course WalMart.

It would be nice to see a boutique hotel there as the Holiday Inn is the only "choice" on King West.
Don't forget the Travelodge shuffle demon!

Not directly related, but can a ten storey building be put up on King in that area?

For heritage reasons, I've my doubts about the actual 478 King *site*--but there's all that interweave of parking lot behind and around...

a 36m eight storey office loft building is approved for the site which is more than enough height to accomodate 10 to 12 hotel/residential floors

^Thanks. There had been something a while back stating height restrictions on King, west of Spadina, that were more stringent than east. Then again, it may have been a request for restrictions.

This site abuts the quad loft condo which is about 10-12 stories. The entrance to the parking lot that Quad loft is built on outlets onto King beside the mini lot.

Rendering

Rendering of proposed 478 King.
478kingue3.jpg

impressive. My poor friends working in the basement of 468 king st will be uphappy for a while. Bye bye nice sunny afternoons!

Back