Toronto MYC Merton Yonge Condominiums | ?m | 24s | Cresford | a—A

Looks like it might be an attractive building. A lot of the styles look familiar from other buildings though. I'll wait for a real render.

it looks nice, but as long as the podium fits in with the immediately adjacent buildings, i.e., the stone motif of the furniture (i think) store on the northeast corner, and to a certain degree, TTC headquarters (though that building really needs a nice scrubbing). Vertically, it'll really help to screen the 70s monoliths (which thankfully haven't degraded like its twins in St. Jamestown) that are on Davisville and Balliol...

it looks nice, but as long as the podium fits in with the immediately adjacent buildings, i.e., the stone motif of the furniture (i think) store on the northeast corner, and to a certain degree, TTC headquarters (though that building really needs a nice scrubbing). Vertically, it'll really help to screen the 70s monoliths (which thankfully haven't degraded like its twins in St. Jamestown) that are on Davisville and Balliol...

Who's the developer on this one?

If Cresford is the developer, I wouldn't count on that happening anytime soon. They'll probably collect a lot of deposits, give a lot of people the runaround, and then angle some way to screw everyone out of their money.

Show me one project these bozos have brought to market on schedule. (And when I say "on schedule" I mean completed within two years of the original schedule.)

If Cresford is the developer, I wouldn't count on that happening anytime soon. They'll probably collect a lot of deposits, give a lot of people the runaround, and then angle some way to screw everyone out of their money.

Show me one project these bozos have brought to market on schedule. (And when I say "on schedule" I mean completed within two years of the original schedule.)

Casa seems to be motoring along at a brisk pace.

Yes, but the other one across the street is way behind. Rumour has it that they had to sell Casa and finance the two of them together.

1815 Yonge St

The building that sat on the site just got demolished

PC190011.jpg

PC190009.jpg

PC190012.jpg

I have first-hand experience dealing with the criminals over at Cresford. Fortunately I was able to get out with my money + interest after several years, but it was a horrible experience and of course any increase in value of the unit didn't find its way to me. Cresford treats its purchasers like inventory, opting to frustrate them right out of deals, re-selling their units at higher prices once construction in underway. And there's a reason they came out at the bottom of the JD Power survey.

Saw an ad in the Toronto Star yesterday for this project.

www.myccondo.com

Register now from $269,900.

I live next door and have been to most of the meetings on this project. Last I heard from Cresford was they presented a plan to the city for 24 stories instead of 29. The rest of the propsal had not changed much from that in the initial post in this thread.

I have seen all the renders and parts of the building are certainly attractive.

Site Plan Application submitted

Looks like Cresford submitted applications on August 8, 2008.

Proposal to construct 24-storey residential apartment building including four levels of underground garage; 216 units; total GFA 16,725 sq.m.

City file # 08 191643 STE 22 SA
Planner: Tim Burkholder (416) 392-0412

Public meeting for 1815 Yonge St and 25 Merton will be held at 11am (or as soon as possible thereaafter) October 7, 2008 Committee Room 1, 2nd floor, City Hall, 100 Queen St W.

Notice on page AA5 of September 17th Toronto Star.

There is a meeting for 1 Bloor E Bazis project in the same room at 10am, think that might go more than an hour???

Back