News   Mar 28, 2024
 253     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 290     0 

Cabbagetown

Dilla

Member Bio
Reaction score
So, what was formerly Javaville (NE corner of Parliament and Carlton) is now being gutted, as is the old Cabbagetown restaurant (SE corner of Parliament and Spruce). Anyone heard what might be going in these places?

Also, there was an Enbridge truck in front of where the Starbucks is going (SW corner of Parliament and Aberdeen), I believe they cut off the gas to the building.

I can only hope what does go in is not another dollar store or something of the sort. While i like that Parliament has a wide variety of shops and people, I would rather the balance didn't tip anymore toward the direction which has brought the "Angel Queen" (aka., the fallen angel) and yet another dollar store right across the road from me.

the city has issued building permits for 443 Parliament(this being the old cabbagetown restaurant, nothing for the former nailbar at the corner of Aberdeen or the former Javaville....

07 265819 BLD 00 BA -443 Parliament

A new letter, touching on this topic, from the president of te Donvale Cabbagetown Residents Association is now posted on the website at: www.donvalecra.ca

Yeah, I got that in the mail. There's even a rendering.

The building looks ok. Nothing special, nothing hideous. I'll take anything better than those "new" Victorians at this point.

Javaville + Sushi Today are being completely gutted. I have no clue what's going on.

I'd love to see someone scoop up the Coffee Time, and adjacent empty sales office for said Victorians. Winchester at Parliament could become the best corner (it probably already is).

no coffee crime? no way, man where else am i supposed to get smokes at 2am? Everyone else is too scared to stay open past 11 around here.

This morning I asked the workers at the ex-cabbagetown restaurant what was going in there, and the reply was "a chicken wing place". A Wing Machine move? Duffs? Something much, much worse?

no coffee crime? no way, man where else am i supposed to get smokes at 2am? Everyone else is too scared to stay open past 11 around here.

Maybe tone it down a bit and you won't run out.

cigs.jpg

This morning I asked the workers at the ex-cabbagetown restaurant what was going in there, and the reply was "a chicken wing place". A Wing Machine move? Duffs? Something much, much worse?

"A Chicken Wing Place™"

Why is it that Coffee Times attract a rougher crowd than Tim Hortons? In Cabbagetown, the CT is directly across the intersection from THs, so the crowd should be about the same.

BTW, please excuse any typos today, as I'm pumped with Percocets at home due to an extremely painful scyatica flare up. Can hardly think straight.

wing machine

so wing machine is moving to 443 parliament.... ughhh.
they also applied for a liquor license. :confused:

so wing machine is moving to 443 parliament.... ughhh.
they also applied for a liquor license. :confused:

Oh, good god no! I live across the street from their current location, now what am i supposed to do to get pizza on a hungover afternoon? Walk a block? Unacceptable. Is it obnoxious to have them deliver from that far? Hopefully some sort of substitute moves in.

Eff.

Thanks for the Info, Metroland.

Also, I asked one of the workmen at the Javaville location if he knew what was going in, but he just shook his head no.

Why is it that Coffee Times attract a rougher crowd than Tim Hortons? In Cabbagetown, the CT is directly across the intersection from THs, so the crowd should be about the same.

It seems to me that Tim Horton's simply have higher standards all around, they have the tools in place to protect their brand and do great business because of it. Tim's are always busy, clean, have well maintained plants and have high turnover. Coffee Time are not so pleasant to be in, more often than not have really dirty windows (I always notice that), are not so clean inside and appear to tolerate loitering at all hours.

I imagine the price to buy a Tim's franchise must be very high. This, combined with frequent visits from compliance folks from Tim's HQ, would ensure that the business is well operated and acts as a good neighbour. Coffee Time on Parliament on the other hand seems dirty, and to be filled with loitering riffraff and truant teens.

Back