Mississauga Pinnacle Uptown: Crystal Condominiums | 167m | 28s | Pinnacle | Richmond Architects

Observer Walt

Member Bio
Reaction score
Pinnacle International, developers of the Pinnacle towers at Bay and Harbour, are apparently gearing up for a major push into Mississauga.

They bought 36 acres at the northwest corner of Hurontario and Eglinton last spring. I have been watching for a proposal to come forward. Nothing official has appeared yet. This parcel would be large enough to support a real forest of high-rises.

Now they have also bought the block of vacant land on the east side of Grand Park Drive, extending through the whole block from Burnhamthorpe Road down to Webb Drive. This is on the west fringe of the City Centre area, and just west of several existing condos on Webb Drive. The area of this site is 1.68 acres, and I would think it would nicely suit two apartment towers.

very interesting news, walt....I think there is a whole lot of positioning going on behind the scenes, and we will probably see a ton of development at MCC, when and if the developers think the time is right - meanwhile, they are quietly assembling the land...I am also pretty sure that we are about to hear some news from amacon.....

So this portion is only the westernmost part of that block....i.e., just along Grand Park Drive, and not all the way east to Confederation Pkway?

Cheers!

That's right, it's only at the west end of the block. I don't have exact dimensions, but at less than 2 acres, this is not a deep site. There is still a good chunk of other vacant land to its east.

As for Amacon, so far they have been pretty much silent about their plans in the City Centre. Their elaborate sales centre sits there empty. They are no doubt trying to finish up first with the Eden Park / Eve / Elle development. Elle, the third phase, is now in sales. Construction has started on Eve, the second phase, although it has not yet been completely sold out.

That section of land was supposed to be where the Metropole condos were going to go. I believe that's the right name. It didn't work out, and the property was put up for sale. I guess someone bought it because there has been a fence around the whole property for a few months now. But the fence is the entire parcel of grass from Grand Park to Confederation.

That section of land was supposed to be where the Metropole condos were going to go. I believe that's the right name. It didn't work out, and the property was put up for sale. I guess someone bought it because there has been a fence around the whole property for a few months now. But the fence is the entire parcel of grass from Grand Park to Confederation.

Metropole was going to go behind Citygate, but it was replaced with Solstice by a different developer...

They bought 36 acres at the northwest corner of Hurontario and Eglinton last spring. I have been watching for a proposal to come forward. Nothing official has appeared yet. This parcel would be large enough to support a real forest of high-rises.

Let's hope its not all the same looking towers like downtown.

Metropole was going to go behind Citygate, but it was replaced with Solstice by a different developer...

Even though the signs were nowhere near the location? That's strange! Is that what that half-finished presentation centre was just East of Citygate on the South side of Burnhamthorpe was for?
I always wondered why it was built and then never used.

driving south along Hurontario today, there are new city adjustment/hearings/something posted around the N.W. corner of Hurontario & Eglinton...looks like this this may be moving forward...(couldn't get close enough to read)..there appeared to be some sort of map as well...

here is the sign that has been posted at the Pinnacle site at Hurontario & Eglinton.....

mccfeb2401.jpg

mccfeb2402.jpg

yyzer: Thanks for the pictures. I wondered if you realized that this sign shows only part of the site. It also extends west of the "City Owned Lands" (creek valley), as far as Fairwind Drive. The west part will include mid-rise apartments and townhouses, and open space along the creek. No retail is proposed.

I'm looking forward to this getting under way. It will finally fill in a vacant area which has been sitting there for years, as the city grew up around it.

If one condo goes in each of the blue spots, that's 7 condos. Although I'm sure you all figured that out, that's still pretty awesome.
However I wish that Mississauga would not have allowed stupid gas stations at the corners of major intersections like this one. It really ruins the urban feel that they are trying to go for.

Good observation. Furthermore, it reinforces the 'car-centric' image that Mississauga is known for but is trying desperately to get away from. It also just looks silly...

Cut the crap already

The gas station has been there for at least 15 years, long before anything was built at the intersection and it was still farmfields.

Give me a break already about this Mississauga 'car-centric' bull crap.

Land uses change over time and is at the control of the land owner. Now that this area is going through an urban transition, no city, even Toronto can tell a long established gas bar and its owner to suddenly get lost. The market will dictate that on its own.

A great example of where that happened in Mississsauga is the site of the Marilyn Monroe towers. Less than 5 years ago there was a busy gas station surrounded by empty fields and surface parking lots at that intersection.

It has now been replaced with a new high density community with thousands of new residents, along with two architectural stunning and urban form buildings that will change the face of the city.

Louroz

Back