Toronto 77 Charles West | 65.83m | 16s | Aspen Ridge | HOK

A

Archivistower

And the winner of this year's "Don't worry about a professional rendering, we'll get your kid in Grade 2 to put it together" award is Seventy-Seven Charles West, the condo immediately south of One St. Thomas that is entering into the sales phase. Below is the actual rendering from today's Globe & Mail. Unbelievable.

SeventySevenCharlesWest.jpg

How are they going to make the rest of the world so gray to match?

It wouldn't be so galling if they hadn't included the caption 'View from Bloor Street West.' That way, it would be a pleasant artistic impression of a world that had been clad in Carrera marble and left for 30 years. But calling it a view from Bloor brings up the thorny issue of reality, and how this drawing relates to it.

By the way, is anyone keeping a master list of awful marketing schemes? Can we have a list of them, like our 400+ ft list? Like, is this worse than Zip but better than Lumiere?

I don't see what's wrong with a developer basically saying "we're doing something here, if you like the location and price point, let us know and we'll follow up".

There is no pretence about the rendering, no oak trees, grazing deer, or frolicking couples - it is openly "sketchy".

I am certain the city will insist on a good sightline given the location.

It looks like it was sketched onto a napkin. Now, that might be acceptable for the re-design of a 250 million dollar cultural insititution, but a modest, midrise condo deserves better.

This is Aspen Ridge's follow up to Vu. I've heard that they have been buying quite a few properties for future condo development in the last year.

I'd love to see the road that connects Bloor and Charles redeveloped into a pedestrian only square. Fountain, skating rink... re-do of the manulife Eastern flank would be LOVELY.

that is unbelievable. I guess they didn't want to spend more than three cents on their graphics. Sure makes it look appealing doesn't it!

The drawings are simply marketing - just like all renderings are - they are just taking a different angle than most projects that depict a semi realistic glossy renderings.... I don't really understand what the issue is...

If Harry released this would we not be all over him for the lack of professionalism?

Back