Modern Condos, The (Empire Communities) - Real Estate -

alafleur

Member Bio
Reaction score
A1_6484.jpg

The Modern on Richmond
Incredible Value in the heart of Downtown

The Modern on Richmond just might be one of the best kept secrets of 2007. Prices rumored to be starting at around $280 per square foot makes this a fantastic value investment.

Timing is everything. Register now to get in FIRST at an exclusive VIP/broker's sales event coming very soon. As always, the key to making money on new developments is to get in early-before the public.

For more information or to be added to the list for the VIP broker's event, please PM me or email me at alafleur AT gmail DOT com.

Thanks Urban Toronto and Happy Investing!

About The Modern on Richmond:

There’s cool, and then there’s ultra-cool. The Modern on Richmond is Cityview Homes’ answer to ultra-cool. Offering one-bedroom-plus-den suites, many with second bathrooms, priced from the low to mid-200,000’s in the heart of downtown Toronto, this condominium is packed with hot style and even hotter value. Unique and urbane, this fabulous design-oriented building is situated in Toronto’s designer district, where trendy bars, cafés and restaurants offer perfect spots for the city’s cool to meet.

Just two short blocks from King Street, residents at The Modern will be able to enjoy the shops and restaurants in this trendy locale, or spend some quality time communing with nature in the park at St. James Cathedral. For the sports- and culture-minded, this *location represents Cloud 9, with the Sony Centre for the Performing Arts, Air Canada Centre and the Distillery District all nearby. A 24/7 urban excitement underlies life in this inspiring locale.

The Modern’s revolutionary style by award-winning DuToit Architects fits right into this vibrant neighbourhood. With its contemporary architecture of textural brick and massive expanses of glass accented by polished aluminum standing 17 storeys, this unique niche condo is home to 343 suites. Awesome views of the city will season the delicious life here. DuToit Architects is internationally renowned for designing outstanding buildings, landscapes and communities.

Inspired by the building’s contemporary architecture, the interesting variety of suite layouts by Mike Niven Interior Design feature balconies, french balconies or terraces that make outdoor living part of everyday life. Plus, the M Lounge – an incredible rooftop garden with two plunge pools – will set the scene for fun, with fabulous landscaping, lounge chairs, picnic tables, a barbecue, and outdoor shower. On the second floor, called the Mod Club, residents will be able to relax around a fireplace, cut loose on a dance floor, play billiards, watch sports events on a plasma TV, catch a fantastic flick in the theatre room, or entertain friends at the bar/dining area that has a catering kitchen. Work out with the most advanced equipment in The Modern’s fitness room, get in touch with your inner peace in the yoga room or have a relaxing steam or sauna. For residents whose pets are family members, this condo will feature a pet spa, and when guests want to stay overnight, a guest suite will be available for booking. Other amenities at The Modern will include retail shops on the ground level, adding to the tremendous convenience.

The irresistible Modern package includes cutting-edge interiors by Mike Niven Interior Design Inc. Mike Niven is well known in the condominium world for creating innovative designs, and has earned numerous awards. The dramatic two-storey lobby and double-height press lounge offers an inviting ambience that opens onto a landscaped resident courtyard garden with tranquil nooks and intriguing crannies.

Flair fringed with subtlety characterizes the suites, which usher in a new generation of function, form and fashion. Features include European-style kitchens with cabinets, stone counters and a European stainless steel appliance package, spa-like bathroom with soaker tub or glass door showers, porcelain tile and pre-engineered wood flooring, and walk-in closets

Cityview Homes is an established developer of exceptional lifestyle communities, townhomes and condominiums that are built on the values of thoughtful design, premium craftsmanship and impeccable service.

Suites at The Modern will range in size from 450 to 920 sq. ft. with a one-bedroom starting from $185,990. For a limited time, purchasers will receive an opening incentive of a credit on closing or the Upgrade Package. Buy a studio or one-bedroom suite and receive a $2,000 credit, or a one-bedroom-plus-den or two-bedroom suite for a $2,500 credit. You may choose instead to receive the Upgrade Package of smooth ceilings throughout, wood flooring in the bedroom, and a frameless glass shower door where applicable.

Source

Funny how the emphasis in buying a condo has moved from purchasing a place to live in, to being an investment.

As for timing being everything, buyers should be aware with respect to occupance dates, because in that department timing means nothing.

^Exactly why I plan on buying a place to live in in Hamilton: cheap cheap cheap. Sure, it may be a smart investment (from my contrarian pov) or a dumb one from a conservative toronto pov (vultur) but really I just want to live cheap and save money for stock market gambling: a game for me more so than a get-rich-quick-scheme.

The modern on richmond is not a bargain: buy a dump on perth ave and sit on it is a better bargain.

Get in first. And I mean FIRST. Exclusive VIP sales event coming very soon. Email me or PM me to get in.

Prices have gone up from the original specs but are still very attractive.

alafleur (at) gmail (dot) com

The Modern - celing height?

I called the sales centre today and they said it was 8ft ceilings...is this true? That turned me off instantly...just curious if anyone knows differently or if it really is 8 ft.

thanks!

Purchased a 2bed + 2 bath condo in this project and I'd like to get your opinions on the developer (EMPIRE).

Worst floorplans EVER. Not one is decently configured and none over 900 sq. ft. Not a bad location though. Why are they re-launching 3 years later? I thought construction was to have started?

Worst floorplans EVER. Not one is decently configured and none over 900 sq. ft. Not a bad location though. Why are they re-launching 3 years later? I thought construction was to have started?

I guess it doesn't really much matter if you purchased at around $300/sqft....
(aside from wondering when you'll be able to resell it)

When I walked past 2 months ago, it looked like they were just starting to dig.

Purchased a 2bed + 2 bath condo in this project and I'd like to get your opinions on the developer (EMPIRE).

DKB, You picked a great layout. The 2nd bedroom is a bit small but I like it as a den or get-away room if you're living with a significant other. It has great seperation from the rest of the condo.
Contrary to cdr108, I think most units in this development are well laid out. Yes, many are smaller sized condos, but this isn't one of those sprawling open-living, define-your-own loft space type of developments. I see this as neat-and-tidy small condo, first purchase type of development.
I visited the sales centre a couple of times and was impressed with the standards package and their living space concept - at least for the price point. Also the building's dark brick exterior will be nice.
Two concerns:
1. Ceiling height is 8 or 8.5 ft, if I recal correctly. But in shallower units like yours with lots of windows, it won't feel so bad.
2. I also don't know much about Empire communities. I like the concept, just hope it all pans out as they envision it.

DKB, You picked a great layout. The 2nd bedroom is a bit small but I like it as a den or get-away room if you're living with a significant other. It has great seperation from the rest of the condo.
Contrary to cdr108, I think most units in this development are well laid out. Yes, many are smaller sized condos, but this isn't one of those sprawling open-living, define-your-own loft space type of developments. I see this as neat-and-tidy small condo, first purchase type of development.
I visited the sales centre a couple of times and was impressed with the standards package and their living space concept - at least for the price point. Also the building's dark brick exterior will be nice.
Two concerns:
1. Ceiling height is 8 or 8.5 ft, if I recal correctly. But in shallower units like yours with lots of windows, it won't feel so bad.
2. I also don't know much about Empire communities. I like the concept, just hope it all pans out as they envision it.

thanks for the acknowledgement but i wasn't the one that said it was the worse plans ever, but i did say the 2nd room was a 'right-off' when i meant write-off ... lol

Back