Urban Toronto - Powered by vBulletin
Project Essentials / dataBase detailed project information, floor plans, renderings
Projects & Construction Thread  I  Real Estate Thread
Residences at The Ritz-Carlton, Toronto
183 Wellington St W, Toronto
Developer: Graywood Developments, Cadillac Fairview
Page 85 of 251 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795135185 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 3753

Thread: Ritz-Carlton (Graywood/CadFair, 52s, KPF/P+S)

great updates today, CSW, thanks!

Default July 18

3. Default

RBC looks huge in this angle, it will be nice when Ritz starts getting it's glass for the sides and give the two buildings a layering affect.

4. Default

Besides the brand name "Ritz Carlton", what is "distinct" about this building architecture compared to the ones built or being built at Concord Cityplace ??

Quote Originally Posted by RezBoy View Post
    Besides the brand name "Ritz Carlton", what is "distinct" about this building architecture compared to the ones built or being built at Concord Cityplace ??
    I seriously cannot believe you just said that! I think you need to do some reading before making random posts.

6. Default

I have to agree with RezBoy. I am sure the interior and the finishing will be superior, but the exterior doesn't blow anyone away, at least not yet. From their rendering, it's an L-shaped glass box. What's so wow about that?

I think that the vertical outward curve on the south side of the building will make it quite distinct from the Cityplace towers.

Quote Originally Posted by TOBoy View Post
    I have to agree with RezBoy. I am sure the interior and the finishing will be superior, but the exterior doesn't blow anyone away, at least not yet. From their rendering, it's an L-shaped glass box. What's so wow about that?
    Except for one thing, the podium. It's much more interesting and unique than anything in Cityplace. The tower on top, so far, just a glass box.

Quote Originally Posted by Redroom Studios View Post
    we have RBC, Simcoe Place and Ritz all essentially dark glass boxes, all with horizontal accents.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torontovibe View Post
    I agree, so far it's just another glass box
    Quote Originally Posted by TOBoy View Post
    From their rendering, it's an L-shaped glass box. What's so wow about that?
    I keep reading posts in this thread claiming that so far this building is a huge disappointment because it's nothing but another glass box.

Are people here actually incapable of looking at a rendering and extrapolating how a building's construction will proceed? It's like saying that the Shangri-La is a huge disappointment because it's just a hole in the ground.
    Last edited by Ramako; 2009-Jul-19 at 12:39.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Ramako View Post
    I keep reading posts in this thread claiming that so far this building is a huge disappointment because it's nothing but another glass box.

Are people here actually incapable of looking at a rendering and extrapolating how a building's construction will proceed? It's like saying that the Shangri-La is a huge disappointment because it's just a hole in the ground.
    I don't get it either. We're lucky to be getting such a cool design! I urge people to go to Ritz-Carlton's website and look at the other buildings they have done, and then be thankful we didn't get those ones.

ya, especially the one that just got bombed in Indonesia!

I'm waiting to be impressed by the top 1/3rd of this building....

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by caltrane74 View Post
    I wonder if they've stored enough curtain wall glass on the 25th floor???

Good Observation it is for the 25th and 24th

Just a reminder:

So where's this box that everyone keeps talking about? Next door with the RBC logo on top?

14. Default

the curve on the south side is the most evident distinction ritz has to offer. the mountain peak-like roof is also unique. there is also variance in the shape of the tower.

it's not something libeskind would design but it is different, and more importantly, the building looks elegant.
    Last edited by barrytron3030; 2009-Jul-19 at 17:10.

15. Default

I'm surprised anyone is upset with the shape of the building. I've loved it since I first saw the renders.
    If people were debating the materials or colour of glass or whatever I could understand that but the shape is very interesting.