Urban Toronto - Powered by vBulletin
Project Essentials / dataBase – detailed project information, floor plans, renderings
Projects & Construction Thread  I  Real Estate Thread
Residences at The Ritz-Carlton, Toronto
183 Wellington St W, Toronto
Developer: Graywood Developments, Cadillac Fairview

Login to
post and
upload photos
Page 246 of 251 FirstFirst ... 146196236244245246247248 ... LastLast
Results 3,676 to 3,690 of 3753

Thread: Ritz-Carlton (Graywood/CadFair, 52s, KPF/P+S)

I went to "Deq"; the bar/lounge located at the Ritz-Carlton last weekend for a birthday gathering. Walking through the lobby of the hotel, it's absolutely stunning.
    Stop pandering Toronto's issues on the 905.
    We want to help! .... or at least I would!

Ritz from the Gardiner (a different perspective).

Does the crane not hide?

Application: Sign Permit Status: Not Started

TORONTO

Ward 20: Trinity-Spadina

Application#: 11 266699 SGN 00 SP Accepted Date: Aug 31, 2011

Project: First Party New

Description: Application for a permit to erect and display two illuminated wall signs with static copy on the north elevation of first storey wall of building in conjunction with a hotel, **The Ritz-Carlton**

Quote Originally Posted by androiduk View Post
    application: Sign permit status: Not started

toronto

ward 20: Trinity-spadina

application#: 11 266699 sgn 00 sp accepted date: Aug 31, 2011

project: First party new

description: Application for a permit to erect and display two illuminated wall signs with static copy on the north elevation of first storey wall of building in conjunction with a hotel, **the ritz-carlton**
    woot woot!!!

^Just an FYI, but it does state the "first storey wall" in the application. This must be a ground level sign, it still doesn't look like we're getting anything up top.

Quote Originally Posted by egotrippin View Post
    ^Just an FYI, but it does state the "first storey wall" in the application. This must be a ground level sign, it still doesn't look like we're getting anything up top.
    oh. :-(

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by egotrippin View Post
    Good.

I'd have liked to have seen an illuminated Ritz Carlton logo at the top, but that's just me.
    “Our roads are not here for automobiles. Our roads are here for people to get around.” - Michael Bloomberg, Mayor of New York City - July 10, 2012

Original photographic images posted on this forum by dt_toronto_geek are not for publication, display or dissemination of any kind except on the Urban Toronto discussion board, altered or otherwise, without expressed written permission from the owner.

I like the Ritz with no illuminated signage on top of the building - hope they don't apply to add anything else. Too many buildings in Toronto have illuminated logos, I much prefer light fixtures and cool neon colours at a building's summit vs. corporate emblems. Plus, the lack of distractions on the Ritz allow one to focus on the architecture.

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ratoronto View Post
    Plus, the lack of distractions on the Ritz allow one to focus on the architecture.
    lol!!! that something sheldon from "the big bang theory" would say.................i dont know i would have liked a logo but im not complaining... if more people dont want it then you wont hear any complaints from me....
    From London, Canada and the U.S.A - Nicki Minaj

I definitely want the logo. Their logo is really nice, and would look so good on the building. Particularly the north side.

14. Default

Quote Originally Posted by khristopher View Post
    I definitely want the logo. Their logo is really nice, and would look so good on the building. Particularly the north side.
    I think it will eventually happen, probably sooner than later.

15. Default

So I just got home from a vacation in Chicago... and wow! We are very lucky with our Ritz Carlton building... the Ritz Carlton Residences in Chicago looks absolutely terrible. It looks like they were trying to emulate the old beautiful Chicago buildings but using terrible new precast materials. I like our building even more after seeing what Chicago got!