Toronto Residences at The Ritz-Carlton, Toronto | 207.86m | 53s | Graywood | Kohn Pedersen Fox

E

Ed007Toronto

Ritz Carlton
RitzTorontoRender.jpg

RitzTorontoRender(1).jpg

Developer: The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company, Graywood Developments and Cadillac Fairview
Architect: Kohn Pedersen Fox (KPF), Page + Steeles Architects Planners, HBA/Hirsch Bedner Associates and Babey Moulton Jue and Booth.
Planning Docs:
Designation: Hotel, residential
Expected Occupancy: Summer 2009
Height: 684ft
Floors: 53
Size: 700,000 square feet
Value: $300 million

If its true that it does start this month, at most we have only 2 weeks to ground breaking!

They really got a jump on Four Seasons and Shangai-Lai. The former needs to happen as a matter of pride for Izzy Sharpe; Shangrai-Lai may benefit from the wealthy Asian market in Toronto.

A friend of mine who works for CBC forwarded me an e-mail sent to their staff about the Ritz complex, stating that construction is to start this week.

Amazing! What a great time to be living in Toronto. 3 major towers starting at the same time in the core. The skyline will continue to rapidly change.

So they're building both, the office and the hotel at the same time? If that's the case then this project is proceeding with phenomenal speed.

Two major towers at the same time- it's the 80's all over again.

Wow, starting construction so quickly. That's great!

What's happening with the Shangri-La and W hotels?

Great to hear about the Ritz Carlton. I am most excited about this project right now.

samsonyuen: If I am not mistaken, I believe their goal is to begin sales in the fall and have construction start next summer.

Remind me: did they ever sell that 10,000 square foot penthouse?

Ooh, Dubai.

I'm excited just to be living in the same city as that penthouse.

(Gawkers can check out the ridiculous floorplan at the website Ed linked to above...)

The exterior cladding will be limestone and blue tinted-glass, as noted on the website under Building>Legendary Luxury.

AoD

"To someone from Dubai."

Dubai is one big 10,000 sq. ft. penthouse.

I'm curious, has anybody seen an image of the facade opposite the cantilevered lobby? Is this the side that faces the lake and is this stone? Can't quite make it out in the images above.

Back