Toronto South Beach Condos + Lofts | ?m | 27s | Amexon | Arsenault

maxt797

Member Bio
Reaction score
noticed today that 74 - 80 Park Lawn old 2 stories office / warehouse buildings (the ones by the rail tracks) are being fenced off and ProGreen Demolishion signs all over it. The proposal for 3 or so mixed use towers (further south) was declined (if i remember correctly) and i thought it was same story with 80 ParkLawn....

South Beach (Park Lawn north of Lake Shore W)

New condo to be released in early 2008 called South Beach, located in Humber Bay Shores. I wonder if this is the start of the Menkes project for that corner.

But, but, South Beach is a Miami reference, not a New York one! What are the New York comparison complainers going to do?

Edit: Urbandreamer beat me too it, already complaining about things that have actually being going on for years now, no better, no worse. So this name is more embarrassing than "X the Condo" is it?

But, but, South Beach is a Miami reference, not a New York one! What are the New York comparison complainers going to do?

Edit: Urbandreamer beat me too it, already complaining about things that have actually being going on for years now, no better, no worse. So this name is more embarrassing than "X the Condo" is it?

Coming soon, The Champs D'Elysees! Be at the centre of it all! Catch the action! Love the romance, the food and the wine in picturesque ETOBICOKE! Brought to you by the purveyors of tackiness and poor taste, The Menkes Family!

Only suckers buy into this marketing nonsense.

^re: Champs Elysees

All the condos that made an overt reference to France are terrible: French Quarter, the Eiffel Towers on Bayview, etc. If a Champs Elysees condo were to be built it would be up at Yonge and Hwy 7 and it would be made out of pre-cast with a mansard rood made out of black shingles.

This may have to do with the fact that people equate France with fake Chateauxs and accordion music than Jean Nouvel and Daft Punk. Forget Toronto; if any place desperately needs an image makeover right now, it has to be France.

I only really know Paris, so I'll take your word for it.

The most pathetic name that I've seen in the recent boom has HANDS DOWN got to be the SUCCESS TOWER. Anyone DUMB ENOUGH to think that living at the wedge of land between that noisy albatross of a highway and the hotel wall obstructing the marginal lake view is the definition of 'success' has got to have a very fragile ego or is just clueless. Ironically, the developers probably gave it the label 'Success' because they will skilled enough to fool the mass of specuvestors from offshore that this is anything remotely resembling an attractive residential living location.

Coming soon, The Champs D'Elysees! Be at the centre of it all! Catch the action! Love the romance, the food and the wine in picturesque ETOBICOKE! Brought to you by the purveyors of tackiness and poor taste, The Menkes Family!

Only suckers buy into this marketing nonsense.

After seeing this thread, I have to say that Etobicoke provides some lovely views here. Public transit is good with Lakeshore nearby and there's the Martin Goodman trail for convenient bicycle commuting. The condos in the area aren't very memorable, with the exception being Palace Pier. The intimate restaurants will spring up some day.

To be quite honest I'm not sure WHERE I read that - I know weird.

I clearly remember the ad, it had some 'beautiful' beach people cartoon things and a Miami palm tree backdrop. It said South Beach coming soon at Park Lawn and Lakeshore.

After seeing this thread, I have to say that Etobicoke provides some lovely views here. Public transit is good with Lakeshore nearby and there's the Martin Goodman trail for convenient bicycle commuting. The condos in the area aren't very memorable, with the exception being Palace Pier. The intimate restaurants will spring up some day.

It may be a little while before intimate restaurants are within walking distance (with the exception of the underrated Casa Mendoza in one of the Lake Shore strip motels), but there are already a slew of popular little Italian eateries along the Queensway a short hike north, or, because it's Etobicoke and you own a car, there is quite the slew of good places to eat along Bloor in the Kingsway, or across the Humber in Bloor West Village. Condo purchasers in the area won't go hungry...

The names get more embarrassing by the month. What a third rate market/country we live in where we can't be proud of our traditions, locations etc.

Agreed. And every city seems to be rehashing the same names over and over. Hell, there are 2 Parkplaces in the GTA (one in North York and the other Brampton if you're wondering).

It may be a little while before intimate restaurants are within walking distance (with the exception of the underrated Casa Mendoza in one of the Lake Shore strip motels), but there are already a slew of popular little Italian eateries along the Queensway a short hike north, or, because it's Etobicoke and you own a car, there is quite the slew of good places to eat along Bloor in the Kingsway, or across the Humber in Bloor West Village. Condo purchasers in the area won't go hungry...

...to say nothing about the Sobey's power centre next to the Ontario Food Terminal. (Whenever I go to Sobey's at some ungodly hour, there seems to be denizens of either the Motel Strip condos or the House Of Lancaster zone shopping there. Maybe they're basically one and the same...)

That's right - we already have one of those! There is that stupid heap of faux Cape Cods down there. It seems that the marketing cycle only takes a half dozen years to have the silly condo names forgotten.

Back