700     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 6.3K     2 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 2.4K     4 

The Met + Encore at The Met (Edilcan, 43 + 33s, P+S) COMPLETE

P

papamanjr

I passed by today and saw a new banner for The Met advertising 'last call on pre-construction prices'...but there were two building in the banner. I don't remember there being 2 buildings, I thought there was only going to be 1. (the one under construction now.)

it's probably just me, but I just don't remember anything mentioning 2 buildings. the previous banner didn't have both buildings, that's for sure.

does anyone differently?

There's a second one going to the east where the sales centre currently sits.

The second one is called Encore at the Met. I think it's 30 stories.

there's actually three buildings. 43 storeys (u/c), 33 storeys (where the sales centre sits), and 6 storeys (along Granby)

I'm still coming to grips MLG is converting to a grocery store. What a wasted opportunity to do something granduer with this building and site. Is Loblaws still keeping the white roof with the Maple Leafs emblem. That would be something special to look at if you had a unit high enough at Met. I received a flyer in the mail from Met and both buildings were shown. They look quite stunning.

I agree, The Met condo project looks great.
I'm getting impatient waiting for news of what Loblaws plans to do with MLG. Those signs on the building are such a tease.

thanks for the info. i'm just really surprised at the density moving into that area with the Met buildings, RoCP, and Murano's all going up within a few short blocks. fantastic.

it's opening in 2008. they're tearing out all the seats to make way for retail floorspace and parking. there was an update about it in the newest mailing from the Met

thanks for the info. i'm just really surprised at the density moving into that area with the Met buildings, RoCP, and Murano's all going up within a few short blocks. fantastic.

Add Lumiere on Bay and ROCP III and you'll see a huge amount of density showing up.

They're certainly taking their time with MLG. You'd have thought they could have built it from scratch by now.

They probably could have. But restoration and renovation is another thing entirely.

Add Lumiere on Bay and ROCP III and you'll see a huge amount of density showing up

...and Verve, 22 Wellesley, Steam Plant Lofts, Casa, Bloor St. Neighbourhood, oh - and The Star of Downtown... ;-)

Well if you want to go that far then the full Mars, B/A, Trump, Ritz, RBC and more. Good times.

Back