News   Mar 28, 2024
 1.4K     3 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 683     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 940     0 

Verve Condos (Tridel) - Real Estate -

3Dementia

Don't know if Verve deserves an official thread but shoring/foundation work began today and excavation equipment (lots) is on-site.

Re: Verve - 422 ft. 39 floors

August 1st seems to have launched a huge number of new projects into the construction phase.

All projects of interest deserve a thread. Will set it up tonight.

I'll update my little list.

I've watched them dig up & fill in this site twice this year but I think this is the real thing happening now.

^3rd times the charm

I wonder when the 11 storey seniors apartment building will rise

The long-term care facility is already in place on the NW corner of Wellesley and Sherbourne (although I don't think it's 11 storeys, seems to me it's about 5 or 6).

Verve will consist of the tower, at the front facing Wellesley, and a "loft" building stretching north behind the tower. The latter will have 6 storeys. I assume they will be built at the same time as they are specifying the same occupancy dates for both (Winter 2008 ) .

the 11 storey tower will front Sherbourne inbetween the long-term care facility and 500 Sherbourne - the latter being back on the market and should start by the end of the year

The 11s (Wellesley Central Residences at 490 Sherbourne) is a supportive housing building for frail seniors and people with HIV/AIDS, with on-site services by Woodgreen and Fife House respectively.

The project has been tendered as of April 2006.

AoD

It seems like they are installing the crane today...

Looks pretty good for tridel- indeed an aA building I just noticed.

building_400.jpg

Bog:

It's not an aA buildling - the original proposal was - but now it's done by some third rate architect with frilly hair.

AoD

Frilly haired architect? Well that just ain't right.

Does the building still look the same?

Bog:

Nope - the original building is like a stack of glass cubes with "pinches" every 10 floors or so. I have a rendering, but it might take some effort for me to find and post it.

AoD

The crane for Verve is beginning to go up today.

Back