News   Mar 28, 2024
 384     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 285     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 315     0 

URGENT: Are Cameras Allowed @ Leafs games?

MetroMan

Member Bio
Reaction score
Are Cameras Allowed @ Leafs games?

Hey guys, does anybody know if I can bring my camera into the ACC for a Leafs game?

My gf got tickets to tonight's LEAFS vs SENS through her boss and I really wanna get some photos of this rare opportunity.

Hey guys, does anybody know if I can bring my camera into the ACC for a Leafs game?

My gf got tickets to tonight's LEAFS vs SENS through her boss and I really wanna get some photos of this rare opportunity.

bringing a camera to a hockey game? my question to you sir is - are you a terrorist?

:p

but seriously, you always see camera flashes when watching the hockey game on TV. i don't think it would be a problem.

I have an SLR... its a bit big. I'm not sure they'll let me in. I also don't wanna go there and then see people with those kind of cameras and then kick myself the entire game because I'm missing all these amazing shots. :(

I have an SLR... its a bit big. I'm not sure they'll let me in. I also don't wanna go there and then see people with those kind of cameras and then kick myself the entire game because I'm missing all these amazing shots. :(

call the number on the back of the ticket, actually, see if it says anything on the reverse of the ticket about cameras.

The ACC site has something about no cameras during events but I'm not sure what they consider an event since, as you said, you see cameras flashing during games all the time.

I think they say no cameras but don't enforce it since I also see plenty of digicams at concerts @ the ACC nowadays anyway.

With the merging of cameras and phones, I think it's almost impossible to enforce this rule. You'd be sending 90% of people home.

The ACC site has something about no cameras during events but I'm not sure what they consider an event since, as you said, you see cameras flashing during games all the time.

I think they say no cameras but don't enforce it since I also see plenty of digicams at concerts @ the ACC nowadays anyway.

With the merging of cameras and phones, I think it's almost impossible to enforce this rule. You'd be sending 90% of people home.

their regulations are usually printed on the back of the ticket. if there is no mention about cameras and they give you trouble at the door, i would make an argument about this. not everybody has internet access so if this is their only way of alerting you beforehand, it's a poor flawed system and it is their fault. if they deny you entry with a camera, i would ask for a refund.

i went to a leafs game 2 years ago and i brought my digicam, although it was a point and shoot. not too sure about a dslr. the worst that can happen is they say no and u have to go back and put it in ur car. that is if you're driving there. i don't know if they have some kind of place where you can check in your camera, although i wouldn't trust them with it.

They might give you problems if you bring your 700mm lens ;). Even then, as long as it's attached to a body it's still a camera. I wonder if they have a policy on SLRs.

I never found out if they allow SLR's but what I saw was encouraging.

I disassembled the camera hanging the body with its strap over my shoulder under my jacket and the lens in a pocket in the back of the jacket.

They were patting people down so I knew I was gonna get caught. I took my girlfriend's bottle of water and when I got to the front of the line, I asked the guy if I could take it in, distracted him with the bottle and he forgot to pat me down..lol

Nonetheless, later in the game, I walked around with the camera perfectly visible and nobody stopped me so I'm not sure.

Who cares, I got some amazing photos using a 200mm lens! :D

I know for concerts at the ACC its a hit and miss. Bring it with you but don't tell them you have a camera. The worst that can happen is you have to put the camera in a "camera check" or take it back to your car.

For concerts the bands often have a policy of no photos.

I dont think its the bands policy. I know at Nickleback there was a no camera policy, yet Chad Kroeger told everyone to take a picture during the concert and everyone who had a camera ended up doing so.

I never found out if they allow SLR's but what I saw was encouraging.

I disassembled the camera hanging the body with its strap over my shoulder under my jacket and the lens in a pocket in the back of the jacket.

They were patting people down so I knew I was gonna get caught. I took my girlfriend's bottle of water and when I got to the front of the line, I asked the guy if I could take it in, distracted him with the bottle and he forgot to pat me down..lol

Nonetheless, later in the game, I walked around with the camera perfectly visible and nobody stopped me so I'm not sure.

Who cares, I got some amazing photos using a 200mm lens! :D
well now u have to post them!

I like my anonymity on here so I won't be posting my Flickr account. I'll throw some of the best ones on Imageshack later though. :)

Back