News   Mar 18, 2024
 593     0 
News   Mar 18, 2024
 2.2K     3 
News   Mar 18, 2024
 733     0 

GO Transit: Service thread (including extensions)

drum118

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Starting Oct 28, Weekend service will move from Oakville to Aldershot that will cost an extra $710,000 and require one more train set.

There will be a 14 minute layover and will help to deal with trains that are delay than cannot be done at Oakville.

To cover the cost, 2,000 extra rider/day are needed to be added to the system to cover the cost. This works out to be about 35 rider/hr for the 3 stations that don't see service now.

Bronte, Appleby, Aldershot and Burlington count for 36% of weekday ridership.

Opening of the 3 station on the weekend will attract the extra riders easy considering what took place at the other end.

All day service to Newmarket starts in 2008.

Win all around.

Do you know if anything's happening with Georgetown (like the promised hourly Union Station buses when the trains aren't running?).

A lot of the trackwork is well underway or done (in one case) for triple-tracking up to Mount Pleasant. A lot of work to go, but that should be useful, and even more so once they figure out the Weston Sub.

Weekend service to Burlington has been such a no-brainer, and Aldershot makes it almost useful for Hamiltonians. Almost.

That's great. The longer I'm on the train, the better. I hate being on the GO Bus. Too many stops and dealing with traffic.
I am also curious what's happening with the Milton line. When is it going to see trains all day?
Your topic title is kinda vague drum118.

they need more frequency on the George Town line.

They Need a 840am train going to Union...

They need a 5pm train and a 5:30pm train from union....

The early trains in the morning around 6-8am and the ones from Union 4:45, 5:15 and 5:45 are getting seriously overcrowded now....

My 5:15 train from Union today had people standing throughout the lower deck, the middle deck and even on the top deck and people sitting on stairs...

That's great. The longer I'm on the train, the better. I hate being on the GO Bus. Too many stops and dealing with traffic.
I am also curious what's happening with the Milton line. When is it going to see trains all day?
Your topic title is kinda vague drum118.

You read my posting.

When the station is finish and that is 2008 for Aldershot.

Aldershot was not even close to see service this month when most of platform 2 was out of service for construction in the first place.

I am out there next week and will see where the work is at.

2011-12 for Milton after the 3rd track is built.

they need more frequency on the George Town line.

They Need a 840am train going to Union...

They need a 5pm train and a 5:30pm train from union....

The early trains in the morning around 6-8am and the ones from Union 4:45, 5:15 and 5:45 are getting seriously overcrowded now....

My 5:15 train from Union today had people standing throughout the lower deck, the middle deck and even on the top deck and people sitting on stairs...

Once GO gets some new loco and new coaches next year, you will see more service.

GO has none now to do anything.

By the way, 602 is in Alberta and heading toward Toronto.

Work on the West Toronto rail to rail grade separation project begins this November and will be complete by 2010. GO trains will be able to go under the junction through a tunnel, avoiding delays with Canadian Pacific trains that intersect the Georgetown line at that point. GO will be able to increase frequency with this project.

All day service to Newmarket? It is a single track the whole route so I guess that would probably be service every 2-3 hours rather than every hour. They haven't started building the Bradford line Dupont overpass yet either so the train will still be stopping for CP.

It's one of the lines to get double tracks in various places for passing to allow hour service.

lol, it would be interesting to see an railroad interchange....

Massive flyover ramps like the 410 and 401 but with Trains on them... :D

Like the one they already built?

2_big.jpg

It's one of the lines to get double tracks in various places for passing to allow hour service.

I guess the addition of Rutherford, York U, and Gwillimsbury station have really changed the fortunes of this line as it was fairly unused for a while. To go from that to hourly service is quite a change. This line and Stouffville are probably the easiest to expand since GO is almost the only used of the line.

Wait...Wah?! That came out of nowhere! Fantastic news.

Can somebody change the title of this thread to something more general like "GO Service Improvements" or "New GO All-Day and Weekend Service"?

Which overpass is that EnviroTO?

Can someone (spmarshall?) tell me once and for all whether GO actually owns the Newmarket Sub? I know they were talking about it for a long time, but I don't know if it's actually happened. Uxbridge Sub is still CN to Stouffville, right?

Aldershot Weekend Service

I don't see anything in the GO Transit Timetables that indicates weekend train service from Aldershot effective October 28th. Is this definate?

Starting Oct 28, Weekend service will move from Oakville to Aldershot that will cost an extra $710,000 and require one more train set.

There will be a 14 minute layover and will help to deal with trains that are delay than cannot be done at Oakville.

To cover the cost, 2,000 extra rider/day are needed to be added to the system to cover the cost. This works out to be about 35 rider/hr for the 3 stations that don't see service now.

Bronte, Appleby, Aldershot and Burlington count for 36% of weekday ridership.

Opening of the 3 station on the weekend will attract the extra riders easy considering what took place at the other end.

Win all around.

I don't see anything in the GO Transit Timetables that indicates weekend train service from Aldershot effective October 28th. Is this definate?

Info from GO report for Sept 14 meeting and only approved. Need time to print a new timetable.

Was confirm again at a meeting Thursday night

Back